IGNORED

Burson Soloist headphone amp & pre-amp, near-new

Up for sale is my Burson Soloist headphone amp and pre-amp.

I am the original and only owner.

Unit is in pristine condition, no scratches or dents, and functions perfectly.

It's complete with supplied AC power cord, RCA interconnects, manual, and original box.

This is the 4Wpc version (NOT the 2Wpc SL version), with three different gain settings to make it compatible with nearly all headphones.

Selling because I tend to use my tube Woo Audio WA-7 amp much more and so I probably don't need two high-end amps.

Price is firm at $750, but includes PayPal fees.

Shipping cost is not included.

Send me a private message if interested or if you have questions.

Dave, who says click here for the Burson Soloist webpage

burson_soloist_01a.jpg

+++++

burson_soloist_02a.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quality bit of kit, me thinks.

I own the 'Soloist' version with the DAC ('Conductor'). I've been very happy with it.

I have not used it to its potential as I don't own a decent set of cans. But noticed that many on head-go enjoyed it with a range of cans - and most notably - LCD-2, 3, X and HD800.

I haven't compared it to many preamps. And the ones I did were only very short comparisons with an older set up that wasn't great. These included an older Burson, on older Red Wine, a passive volume pot and a DIY tube DAC. I preferred the Soloist preamp. But I was largely using the Conductor's Sabre DAC (with brief experiments with few like the Tranquility and anther I forget..).

I would be very curious to swap in a DSD capable DAC hoard if Burson get around to making one. However, I'm in no rush to change the Soloist component. I'm fond of my Burson gear. It's served me well.

Hope it finds a happy home.

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos