IGNORED

Lumin S1 vs MSB Analog + Aurender

Hey there,

I'm looking to move away from PC/Mac as music source. Tidal streaming is a must, thankfully both solutions offer that.

My crosshairs have been on the MSB Analog (with Quad USB and Power Base upgrades) paired with an Aurender X100.

I've just stumbled upon the Lumin S1 and it gets glowing reviews all over the internet. Especially from users. It's also much cheaper than the MSB/Aurender combination (plus cables etc).

Anyone have any experience/wisdom they can share? I prefer musicality over ultimate resolution. Currently use the Moon 430 headphone amp (with Abyss cans), and will add a tube amp at some point. VIVA Egoista, Eddie Current Studio or Woo 234 if I'm feeling particularly mental.

Thanks!

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Simaudio Moon 600i - Lumin A1

Kii Three - KEF LS50

We have done a lot of research to find the best network players. Each player with a separate dac had the same problems. All including the Aurender W20 miss the full palette in the mid freq. The Lumin S1 is much richer and has more diversity in the middle. freq. I have had contact with different people who develope dacs. They said that usb is useless and will not give the best results.

Sofar we didn't audition any networkplayer with a separate dac who can give us the full palette in the middle freq. In 2012 I sold my meridian 800 Daxv4 ( new 25000 dollar) and was ready for a streamer. In the first 1.5 yeras I auditioned many including the Aurender S10. I was very dissapointed about missing the full palette in the middle freq. Here is the emotion of the music. I thought; this I even don't want for free.

I have spoken with a few technical people who say that there will be a dac who is able to let you hear the full palette in the mid freq. But till today it is not there. And that is why a Lumin S1 is a much better choice.

We also became Lumin dealer and it is F awesome!!

What DAC did you pair the Aurender W20 with?

Abyss - Audeze - Sen

Simaudio Moon 600i - Lumin A1

Kii Three - KEF LS50