IGNORED

WASPI in Core Mode?

mourip

Is WASPI available in Core Mode. I got a new Shiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC that uses/requires it. In GUI with Windows Audio service running I got sound but once I went back to Core mode I lost the option in JRMC. I tried running the Service Tool again and allowing drivers and services but this did not help.

Do I need to go back into GUI and set the service to start automatically? Is it even possible to run in Core Mode?

Thanks!

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

Hi

Yes, WASAPI is not yet available in core mode. But it is in minimal-server mode, so i suggest you just switch to minimal-server instead of core mode.

Another question about your DAC. Does Shiit no linger use CMEDIA Drivers? This would be highly appreciated since those CMEDIA drivers are the only ones that don't work at all with Windows Server.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Yes, WASAPI is not yet available in core mode. But it is in minimal-server mode, so i suggest you just switch to minimal-server instead of core mode.

Another question about your DAC. Does Shiit no linger use CMEDIA Drivers? This would be highly appreciated since those CMEDIA drivers are the only ones that don't work at all with Windows Server.

Best,

Phil

They still use C-Media drivers.

I was able to get WASAPI working well in minimal-server mode using the Schiit drivers. They do not have any specifically for Win2012 but the 8.1 drivers seem to work.

The ASIO driver package would not install however.

System

Hi

Just got another email from a user who was unable to install the CMEdia Drivers on Windows Server 2012 R2. So where all others during the past years. What did you do to install them? Or is a new Version out there?

What exactly do you mean with "i was able to get WASAPI working in minimal-server mode"? WASAPI is part of minimal-server mode "out of the box", there is nothing needed to get this working?

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 months later...

Sorry. Forgot about this thread.

I installed the Schiit Audio CMedia drivers in 2012R2 GUI Mode successfully. When I went to either minimal-server or Core Mode the drivers did show in JRMC. I ended up having to go under Services and restart the Windows Audio service then audio worked in Minimal Server mode. Still not in Core Mode but I guess that is expected.

The Schiit Yggy DAC sounds wonderful in Minimal-Server Mode so I am happy but always looking for a better tweak :-)

System

• 1 year later...

I am hitting a similar problem when trying to use 2012r2 core mode.

I am running HQPlayer + AO 2.2beta on a single machine running 2012r2. I have a i2s card installed in this machine and divert the audio to the "Windows Audio Service" and only "WASAPI" can be used.

I installed and launched HQPlayer but HQPlayer could not find the i2s card. I checked the "Service" and "Audiosrv" was not on list. I can't find any ways to enable it under core mode. Any ideas how to enable this service?

Hi

There is no WASAPI in Core mode on Server 2012 or 2012 R2. You need to switch to Minimal-Server Mode, or you Windows Server 2016 Core With AO Beta 2.20 Beta 5

Best,

AudioPhil

9 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

There is no WASAPI in Core mode on Server 2012 or 2012 R2. You need to switch to Minimal-Server Mode, or you Windows Server 2016 Core With AO Beta 2.20 Beta 5

Best,

AudioPhil

Thanks for your prompt reply. I would like to confirm my understanding. Should I migrate to Win 2016 server, the Audiosrv will be able to activated.

Hi

this will clarify a bit more: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/

Best,

AudioPhil

19 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

Best,

AudioPhil

Really appreciate for your great help. Need a weekend to do some preparation.