IGNORED

CD still far largest music selection

After all the talk of HD music and SACD, the higher resolutions are still a tiny proportional to the CD selections. My favorite music is still on CD and handful on vinyl. I cannot say the same for HD music or SACDs. Kudos to DCS for making a CD only player. Anyone compare the new Rossini to the Puccini?

Music after life

Incidentally, from the entry-level-price-end, a couple of days ago I noticed :

11248061_868293909958092_7744855066169398747_n.jpg?oh=eb18f5c4528e12f038e8482ae2a9a7ad&oe=56D17AE7&__gda__=1455062637_ddca193a2af67ee16beee41c96e16a20

What Hi-Fi? the world’s most trusted technology buyer’s guide have announced the Marantz CD6005 as one of its 2015 Award winners.

Celebrating the best innovation in technology throughout the year What Hi Fi? selected the Marantz CD6005 as the Best CD Player under £500 in the CD Players and transports category. Marantz UK | CD6005

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

After all the talk of HD music and SACD, the higher resolutions are still a tiny proportional to the CD selections. My favorite music is still on CD and handful on vinyl. I cannot say the same for HD music or SACDs. Kudos to DCS for making a CD only player. Anyone compare the new Rossini to the Puccini?

interesting post. I haven't owned a CD player or transport for about four years. I still buy a lot of CD's as I find them to be the best value as compared to supposedly HD downloads or LP's that have been digitally recorded.

With CD's I buy them, rip them once and then store them away.

I think the answer to your question is with who has a DAC stage in their CD player that best appeals to your musical tastes.

But that's a hard think to determine. I've been using an Arcam FMJ D33 SuperDAC for a few years now and it continues to fully resolve the most subtle nuances of musical selections I thought that I knew well.

Meaning, of course, that it's difficult to compare unless you can do it in-home with music you know and for an extended period.

I don't have that opportunity as I live in the boonies, but I deal with a big city audio store that I trust to make recommendations. And, at the end of the day, I suspect that with CD players of "equal value" the change from one to another will be quite subtle.

My focus with the Arcam was on the best sound I could afford without having to pay thousands more for a milled aluminum billet case or glass porting with blue LED's. A black sheet metal case suits me just fine.