IGNORED

Prime seat live from the Concertgebouw Amsterdam

[h=3]Live Streaming Details[/h]Friday, October 30, 2015 / starts 20:15 (Netherlands local time)

Saturday, October 31, 2015 / starts 04:15 (Japan local time)

VenueThe Contertgebouw (Netherlands)ConductorGustavo GimenoOrchestraThe Royal Concertgebouw OrchestraMusicBeethoven: Symphony No.6 In F Major Op.68 “Pastorale”

Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.6 In B Minor Op.74 “Pathetique”

Beethoven and Tchaikovsky Six

this is now playing and I am listening to the double DSD stereo stream via my Ifi dsd micro. On my B&W 804 it sounds marvellous and the interval is going shortly to finish. Looking really forward to hear Tchaikovsky sym 6 "Pathetique".

This same programme will be played on tour by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in Japan in couple of weeks and will also be streamed by Primeseat. Very interesting to also listen to and discover the differences in playing and venue.

Only 2 microphones are used and the sound is clear, with great depth and resolution. It sounds very natural and beautiful.

[h=3]Live Streaming Details[/h]Friday, October 30, 2015 / starts 20:15 (Netherlands local time)

Saturday, October 31, 2015 / starts 04:15 (Japan local time)

VenueThe Contertgebouw (Netherlands)ConductorGustavo GimenoOrchestraThe Royal Concertgebouw OrchestraMusicBeethoven: Symphony No.6 In F Major Op.68 “Pastorale”

Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.6 In B Minor Op.74 “Pathetique”

Beethoven and Tchaikovsky Six

this is now playing and I am listening to the double DSD stereo stream via my Ifi dsd micro. On my B&W 804 it sounds marvellous and the interval is going shortly to finish. Looking really forward to hear Tchaikovsky sym 6 "Pathetique".

This same programme will be played on tour by the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in Japan in couple of weeks and will also be streamed by Primeseat. Very interesting to also listen to and discover the differences in playing and venue.

Only 2 microphones are used and the sound is clear, with great depth and resolution. It sounds very natural and beautiful.

Sounds interesting. But unfortunately I am out travelling and DSD streaming is not possible via my wifi here.

On the other hand I heard a superb live Rachmanininov's second piano concerto here in Singapore last night and nothing beats live imo!

But very interesting to hear that only 2 mics were used for this relay from Amsterdam.

Why don't you do the same for your Pentatone productions in stereo?

And have you started recording at DSD 128 0r 256 at Pentatone yet?

While generally good to very good they sometimes sound a bit overprocessed and not as ideally clear as I would wish.

Any idea of what mic setup has been used?

Blumlein?

In plain stereo and on a good system two mics only sounds the most natural and realistic and closest to how I hear things from a good seat in the hall with the clarity and depth and resolution you mention in evidence without phase problems and unnatural balances so often heard from multimic's studio productions.

I'd love to hear double or quad DSD and simple miking from Pentatone too.

Cheers Chrille

I thought they were going to tour with Yuja Wang in the Far East and with a different program of course.

I was also listening to last night's concert and I enjoyed it very much. Perhaps it will be available on demand for a couple of weeks as well.

The concert will be streamed live in DSD from Japan on Nov.11 - and will be available on demand for 2 weeks thereafter

Concert 30 October to be streamed live via DSD

Michael

Thanks for the link. The dedicated homepage for DSD Streaming does not mention that upcoming stream.

Still, I don't get it. Why don't they stream the Tchaikovsky concert with Yuja instead? Woudn't that be more intresting than listening for differences in hall ambience for the same program?