IGNORED

Jagged Little Pill

They can charge more, while scrupulously claiming that they never upsample (which may be technically true -- someone upstream does it). If you point this out using actual evidence, many people will tell you that you, not they, are full of shit and must learn to listen with your ears rather than look at graphical displays of Fourier transforms. In other words, selling bogus goods to a bunch of true-believers is P.T. Barnum's dream come true, in Technicolor.

I can't comment on the CD but the 24/44.1 download has a nice sound quality to me. Instruments are clear/distinct, the overall sound is relaxed yet with plenty of detail, and I'm happy with the purchase. The DR of 8 isn't that different than the DR of 9 on the CD (but I'm not certain that DR is very useful sometimes).

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

• 2 weeks later...
They can charge more, while scrupulously claiming that they never upsample (which may be technically true -- someone upstream does it). If you point this out using actual evidence, many people will tell you that you, not they, are full of shit and must learn to listen with your ears rather than look at graphical displays of Fourier transforms. In other words, selling bogus goods to a bunch of true-believers is P.T. Barnum's dream come true, in Technicolor.

Bill -

It's clearly stated on the album page (s) that the source is 44.1k. (apparently 24\44.1 for most of it). So I don't think there's a lot to complain about here. Since the source is given, anyone interested can decide if they are willing to pay a premium price for a remaster, bonus tracks, or a remix (which apparently some of this is).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Just wanted to put in a good word for the acoustic version of JLP that was released on the 10 year anniversary. Red book, but a fine, fine recording.

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

Incidentally, Alanis was promoting 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition (4CD) which :

includes remastered audio of the original album plus an entire disc of 10 unreleased demos from the era handpicked by Morissette from her archives, offering a deeper and more personal look at the classic album. Also included is a previously unreleased concert from 1995 as well as 2005's Jagged Little Pill Acoustic.

White colored journal with a cream colored strap. Featuring handpicked lyrics from Alanis and her signature embossed in gold on the front cover.

alannisreissue-620x389.jpg

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »