IGNORED

Help with a DAC ...Gustard U12

Hi hi! I got the GUSTARD U12 a Mac Mini and a Analog Hi-Fi sistema (SEA/NAD/VIENA ACUSTICS). I am using my Mac as sound machine… but I do not know how to connet my GUSTARD U12 to the analog sistme… can somebody help!! I an new at this!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Felipe

I got the GUSTARD U12 ...

My impression was that the Gustard U12 is a digital interface - unless you have a different model from this one, you need an additional DAC to connect between the Gustard U12 and your analogue system.

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

If you wanted a DAC, then you bought the wrong device.

DACs have a built-in USB interface.

The Gustard is a seperate USB interface for those who want to improve the USB connection to their DAC or who have an older DAC without USB connection. It has a USB input and S/PDIF, AES/EBU and IIS outputs (all digital). No analogue output.

Claude

Hi hi! I got the GUSTARD U12 a Mac Mini and a Analog Hi-Fi sistema (SEA/NAD/VIENA ACUSTICS). I am using my Mac as sound machine… but I do not know how to connet my GUSTARD U12 to the analog sistme… can somebody help!! I an new at this!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Felipe

best way to connect is via a Gustard X12 dac using i2s over hdmi from u12 to x12 and then balanced out to the amp, that's what I use.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/