IGNORED

Renderers Has anyone tried MXQ with Amlogic S805 Quad core processor

The android box as mentioned above has MX Player and Upnplayer apps installed. In MX Player audio settings, using MX Player for audio must be checked. In Upnplayer, in the settings under Experimental enable external apps for playback and external apps only for playback.

The MXQ S85 box has Toslink SPDIF output port and I use this with a SPDIF/Coaxial input dac (approx $10 on Fleabay) connected to powered speakers.

For playback using Upnplayer, when a file is selected you will get a prompt asking which app to use for playback. Simply select MX Player and you should be good to go.

I don't have the MXQ box, but I did try the combo suggested with the UPnPlay app playing through MXPlayer with my Android tablet. However, I found it quite klunky to control as the MXPlayer UI is overlayed on top of the UPnPlay UI during playback and none of the playback controls within UPnPlay are synced with the MXPlayer overlay. Also, gapless playback does not work. Is this also the case when used with the MXQ?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox