IGNORED

TIDAL HIFI Subscribers' Club!

Yes I am. I never thought I would be. The best feature is the ability to try out new and OLD releases, and also to investigate all the wonderful music recommendations I read about. No regrets, been a subscriber for many months now and am very very pleased. FWIW I use it with Roon which has superb Tidal integration.

There is just so much music out there that I have either never heard or forgotten about, and no complaints in regards to sound quality. Has been worth every dollar to me.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Are you a Tidal HIFI subscriber? Do you like what your $20 a month is getting you? What are you listening to on Tidal right now? Let's chat!

I, too, employ a subscription to TIDAL HIFI; and concur whole-heartedly with baddog's assessment as I employ TIDAL HIFI for similar/same purposes. roon has superb integration. And,

Notwithstanding I am a volunteer beta tester for Sonic Studio's product line (not the professional applications), I have assessed their Amarra For TIDAL HIFI with iRC to improve even on roon's excellent playback and graphic integration. I also have access to the latest beta builds for A4TwiRC (and their remote app not yet released). The SQ from A4TwHIFI is outstanding. Integration works seamlessly without impediments. And the EQ presets, Auto Conditioner, iRC add yet another dimension to delivering TIDAL HIFI at its best.

I am a fan of Bill Evans so I tend to listen to his albums that are not available any longer or cost hundreds of dollars. I won't buy used CDs either. One of his albums was recently removed from TIDAL's availability which I had added to my Favorites. That was a great disappointment for me. But, there's a ton of other music.

I also enjoy TIDAL's Playlists. Though I prefer to listen to albums, their Playlists, i.e., Rolling Stones, Best Songs, George Harrison (2 playlists), Lennon, Beatles and others are highly enjoyable. The Rolling Stones playlists contains 427 tracks, 30+ hours and is outstanding.

In my opinion, though I have never used other services, i.e., Qobuz, Spotify etc., TIDAL HIFI is worth the subscription fee if only to explore music in depth that I do not yet own. Highly recommended.

Best,

Richard

Also using it for several months and no regrets, except for the substandart "music discovery" engine. The one in Spotify in incomparably better, at least for my favourite genres like electronic/alternative... probably roon may help but too expensive in my opinion. If only Spotify premium quality was comparanle...tried and retried and can't compare with Tidal. Now with AmarraTidal the quality increased significantly, unfortunatel "I can only" use AT for listening to predefined playlists and albuns...it is tooo slow for discovery and at least I can not find the "artist's radio" in AT, probably is me turned off by the interface.

Also using it for several months and no regrets, except for the substandart "music discovery" engine. The one in Spotify in incomparably better, at least for my favourite genres like electronic/alternative... probably roon may help but too expensive in my opinion. If only Spotify premium quality was comparanle...tried and retried and can't compare with Tidal. Now with AmarraTidal the quality increased significantly, unfortunatel "I can only" use AT for listening to predefined playlists and albuns...it is tooo slow for discovery and at least I can not find the "artist's radio" in AT, probably is me turned off by the interface.

Would this be a valid work-around when using A4TwHIFI? I go to TIDAL and look up music interested in. When I find what I want, I add it to my favorites, then A4T will mirror it once in my favorites. Realize that this is an added operation. But, given the superb SQ compared to the other applications and SQ is the currency for me, I really do not mind the extra step. And, BTW, the first time I tried to find The Rolling Stones playlist, and searched TIDAL HIFI, I arrived at no results. I had to actually Google it and it bounced me back to TIDAL in their "recommended" playlist category. So there are work-arounds for work-around. Sometimes gets dizzy but in the end with the music playing, c'est la vie (smile).

Enjoy the music,

Richard

I had stopped my subscription of Tidal for several months because of the many dropouts.

Last month i tried again and the dropouts have gone. So far so good.

But relatively often playback of my own playlists stops for no obvious reason (except that the title perhaps is damaged on Tidal's side). Playback hangs and doesn't even skip to the next title . That's annoying.

The other evil is, that many titles are simply not available (grayed out) or don't play in HiFi. That is surely dependent on my musical taste, but ALL titles should be in HiFi because i pay real money for my HiFi subscription.

And not to forget: Editing the playlists is a real pain. You can't delete more than one title at a time or insert or move and so on. Really bad!

Richard,

Funny because that is exactly part of my strategy with A4T, it is an extra step but I do agree 100% that even if I had no IRc it would be more than justifiable by the extra sound quality. Amarra for Tidal does really maximize Tidal's sound quality potential.

Richard,

Funny because that is exactly part of my strategy with A4T, it is an extra step but I do agree 100% that even if I had no IRc it would be more than justifiable by the extra sound quality. Amarra for Tidal does really maximize Tidal's sound quality potential.

Great minds...(smile)

Best,

Richard

Thanks, Richard. I just noticed that a Windows version of Amarra for Tidal is "coming soon". I'm looking forward to trying it. I've been a Tidal subscriber from the beginning and continue to find it to be a great value for me. Presently, I'm working through a second listen to all the Ravi Shankar available on Tidal, as well as Ali Akbar Khan. The recording quality/mastering is very uneven with these recordings, but that's not Tidal's issue. Also, I can easily explore new music and, more importantly, music that is new to me. Yes, I'd love to see a more extensive catalog, a better search engine, a wider genre lens, etc. But after Spotify, I'm just happy to have a little better sound quality with Tidal. I find Tidal less fatiguing.

I subscribe to TIDAL primarily because of its integration with Roon - I didn't find I was using the standalone player much, but once the integration with Roon came about, I love being able to add tracks to my library and enjoy them without necessarily buying them (right away).

The key drawback for me with TIDAL is the patchy classical catalog - they just don't have much of what I want. To that end, I also have a Qobuz Sublime subscription, which includes lossless streaming as well as ~50% discount on all their high resolution downloads. Qobuz does *very* well with classical releases, so by using both services, I get everything I want / need . . . and with the recent incorporation of Qobuz into Audirvana, my listening "life" is complete ;)

FWIW, if I had to drop one or the other, it would be TIDAL - my collection is 80%+ classical, so Qobuz's classical prowess is more important to me than any TIDAL feature to date.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I don't recall ever listening to as much new music as I do with Tidal now. Can't beat that?

For the monthly fee, I think Tidal is great value for money. I use Tidal integrated with Roon, and the range of artists/music I have access to is phenomenal. I sometimes hit issues around country specific restrictions/unavailability for some artists and tracks. On the whole though, extremely pleased. I only started to use Tidal on a regular basis, with the introduction of Roon. As a standalone web based music source to browse, I hardly ever used Tidal before.

ER / Geisman OXCO / Grimm MU1  / Dutch & Dutch 8C / Townshend Seismic Isolation

HP - SMSL Sanskrit 10th A’ , Woo Audio WA5 LE, Hifiman HEK v2

Thanks, Richard. I just noticed that a Windows version of Amarra for Tidal is "coming soon". I'm looking forward to trying it. I've been a Tidal subscriber from the beginning and continue to find it to be a great value for me. Presently, I'm working through a second listen to all the Ravi Shankar available on Tidal, as well as Ali Akbar Khan. The recording quality/mastering is very uneven with these recordings, but that's not Tidal's issue. Also, I can easily explore new music and, more importantly, music that is new to me. Yes, I'd love to see a more extensive catalog, a better search engine, a wider genre lens, etc. But after Spotify, I'm just happy to have a little better sound quality with Tidal. I find Tidal less fatiguing.

Hello Christopher,

Yes, Sonic Studio will publish a Windows edition. And to add yet another perspective to roon and TIDAL integration, one can also choose AsQ+with iRC which works with roon and TIDAL HIFI and offers iRC and EQ/presets/parametric 4-band EQ. While A4TwHIFI is a standalone, AsQ+ works with several other programs and roon and adds DSP not available to the extent roon offers. Dirac Live works with roon so that's covered either with Dirac or iRC (also a Dirac SE product integrated, as you know, for Amarra products).

I tend to gravitate to A4TwHIFIwiRC for TIDAL but AsQ+ is fine! Choices galore, n'est-ce pas?

Enjoy the music,

Richard

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Several months back, I subscribed to TIDAL as a replacement for MOG. Even with great bandwidth, I also experience "dropout," typically in the evenings. I suspicious it's simply US evening overload. Often jumping to some other album fixes the issue. With my systems, I can hear the superiority of 16/44.1 FLAC and am waiting for MQA. It would be interesting is see the global distribution of subscribers.

Source: TIDAL HiFi/Masters, Pandora One > iPeng 9.2.1 on iPhone6s/iPad

Great Room: SBT#1 > Cullen Coax > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy cables > Martin Logan (ML) 200Wpc Purity.

SBT#2 >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.

Garage: SBT3 > Audioquest TOS > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > Martin Logan Motion 12

Carry Anywhere: TIDAL/Pandora >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker.

I am completely happy with Tidal HIFI, I stream it via my Aurender N100H and love the SQ as well as the ease of use. When running music via my Mac, then I tend to use A4T. As for music, I enjoy many of their playlists, but tend tl create my own. Since i own a lot of HiRes Classical albums, I tend to use Tidal for Pop, Musicals, and Jazz.

Headphones: ZMF Atrium Closed, ZMF Bokeh, Audeze LCD-X, Meze 109 Pro, Focal Clear Mg, Noble Katana IEMs, Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed
Amp/DAC: Decware MKIII Tube Amp, ZMF Homage, Schiit Bifrost 2/64, Woo Audio WA8, Burston Playmate 2, Mytek DSD192 DAC, Cayin RU7, Chord Mojo, Fiio M11 Plus DAP
Cables: Promitheus XLR Interconnects, WyWired red cables, Meze Silver, ZMF 6.35 ofc and 4 pin xlr stock, Arctic Cable, Audio Envy Cable balanced, balanced Silver Interconnects
Other: Aurender N100H, Macbook Pro (2023) running Audirvana Studio

Another very happy Tidal user here. Incredible value for what we are paying a month from my perspective. To have access to all of the music they offer is wonderful. And as noted by cgiammona, the Aurender N100's offer a great interface. It would be a very dark day if Tidal ever goes under and we lose this resource.

JC

Count me as an enthusiastic Tidal subscriber. Just passed my first anniversary using Tidal and I think it is the best value in music out there. I've listened to more new music in the past year than ever before. It's fabulous to read about an album and be giving it a listen a few minutes later. I concur with TubeLover that it will be a dark day if Tidal goes under, unless one of the other streaming companies make available CD or better quality streaming.

TIDAL HIFI subscriber = Check

Haven't had any problems using my Lumin. Just hopping Tidal will survive. From the rumor papers Jay Z was visiting Samsung and on a another selling Tidal to Facebook . Anyway hope the music continues regardless who has it.

The Truth Is Out There

TIDAL HIFI subscriber = Check

Haven't had any problems using my Lumin. Just hopping Tidal will survive. From the rumor papers Jay Z was visiting Samsung and on a another selling Tidal to Facebook . Anyway hope the music continues regardless who has it.

Oh dear, as a Tidal subscriber I want nothing to do with Facebook, or social media in general. The day I have to have a Facebook account to listen to Tidal might well be the day I give it up and use a 320 service (like Spotify) to browse music I like (the best of which I then purchase).

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!