IGNORED

The Audio Alchemy DDP-1 and PS-5 Have Arrived

Hi Guys - The Audio Alchemy DDP-1 DAC ($1,995) and PS-5 power supply ($595) just arrived. I'm very excited about the Audio Alchemy products. The engineering is top notch, the images online don't do the terrific build quality justice, and Peter Madnick is one of the nicest and most knowledgable guys in the industry. My review will be done when it's done. In the mean time I highly recommend checking out the Audio Alchemy products. Great sonic performance for a great price.

Audio Alchemy

audio-alchemy-ddp-1-ps-5.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...

I've been enjoying the DDP-1 and PS-5 along with two of their monoblock amps (Elac F5s), playing mostly DSD and Tidal within Roon. I am looking forward to your review. Specifically I would love your comparison of the built in USB DAC to that of external DAC like the Yggdrasil, or even the Berkely Alpha USB >AES>DDP-1.

Products look interesting.

Looking at their site one thing struck me as odd ..

Why is the PSU facia designed that the unit is supposed to be installed to the rigth side of the DDP while the power inlet in the DDP is at the other (left) side of the unit ?

I would prefer to use a short cable to reduce cable clutter but then the PSU should be at the other side of the DDP.

Anyway .. I still look forward to your review.

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

Funny to see that I made a similar design (only rough draft about the enclosure) but have my ideas about the internals already)

The PSU can be installed on both sides (with short and long cable ;-)

360.jpg

Rigelian iOS app -> BeagleBone Black with Botic driver + Linux MPD + XPEnology NAS -> Soekris dam1121 DAC I2S direct from BBB -> DH Labs Revelation -> NAD C162 -> DH Labs Revelation -> Odyssey Khartago Plus -> DH Labs Q10 -> Boenicke Audio W5

The PSU looks good on the left, but yes the included power cord is as short as possible, it just barely reaches over to the power port on the DDP-1. The PS-5 is not really reversible as the feet are on the bottom and the silk screening for the power button would be upside down.

Now the question is, should I ever add their phono stage which shares the same form factor as the PS-5, would they make one in a left hand configuration for symmetry. The phono stage would also be powered by the PS-5.