IGNORED

HQPlayer IOS Remote

Carl Mawer

Don't get too exited, no such app exists.

Using VNC ( In my case, Screens) on an iPad to control HQPlayer is tiresome.

Unfortunately HQPlayers' SQ is just too good to forgo by switching to another software player that is more convenient to use.

Miska has explained why he will not be offering a remote app for his software, as is his prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post

"Do you plan to provide a client app for the iPad

No, not at the moment. I don't even have iPad (nor want one), but I do have Android tablet. I don't really want to deal with devices where applications can only be installed through some third party store and the store takes 30%+ slice..."

Surely one of the august members of this site has the requisite skills to write a remote app?

I am sure that there would be a strong market for the app and that HQPlayers' sales would increase significantly if there was a convenient way to operate it.

You won't like this answer, but: wait for HQP integration from Roon and then use Roon iOS interface to control HQP.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)