IGNORED

Article: A Challenge, Plus A Brief, Meandering Discourse About A Trivial Matter That Until Now Maybe Nine People In The World Know About. Or: Johnny’s Egg

Cool. Great story. Interesting to see the level of detail the band are invoved in and to what level of detail. they need discussions and decisions in the band.

Of course, that makes me wonder how they approved the sound of the 40th anniversary remaster of "Exile on Main Street"...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I hope your bits here are pieces that are headed for a bigger collection. Your stories about the weird stuff that goes on behind and in the background of The Big Show are priceless people profiles. (I've got one of those eggs too, and last time I was in Cuba I saw one of the best egg players I've ever seen and convinced her to give me a lesson... but I still suck.)

I hope your bits here are pieces that are headed for a bigger collection. Your stories about the weird stuff that goes on behind and in the background of The Big Show are priceless people profiles. (I've got one of those eggs too, and last time I was in Cuba I saw one of the best egg players I've ever seen and convinced her to give me a lesson... but I still suck.)

Thanks for mentioning that "bigger collection." Chris, our editor/host has generously allowed me to put these all in a collection and put it out as a eBook, so all the links will be operative. Because I called the column "The Music In Me" I took the domain themusicin.me. There's no website or book yet, but i can receive mail at [email protected]. Isn't that cool? The book will be called "The Music In Me" and in about a year...

Thanks for mentioning that "bigger collection." Chris, our editor/host has generously allowed me to put these all in a collection and put it out as a eBook, so all the links will be operative. Because I called the column "The Music In Me" I took the domain themusicin.me. There's no website or book yet, but i can receive mail at [email protected]. Isn't that cool? The book will be called "The Music In Me" and in about a year...

That would be something to look forward to!

I have to say I have enjoyed every story you have shared so far.

Keep 'em coming!

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

great story, thanks.

but how does Johnny Depp know?

Ah! How does Johnny Depp figure into the egg story? I don't know. Johnny (my pal) mentioned that he was there and I didn't ask. It's well known that Depp and Keith are good friends, so I assume he was there hanging out. It was Paris, it was the Rolling Stones... wouldn't you? Any Johnny who knows the reason is welcome to chime in.

great story, thanks.

but how does Johnny Depp know?

Ah! How does Johnny Depp figure into the egg story? I don't know. Johnny (my pal) mentioned that he was there and I didn't ask. It's well known that Depp and Keith are good friends, so I assume he was there hanging out. It was Paris, it was the Rolling Stones... wouldn't you? Any Johnny who knows the reason is welcome to chime in.

Gilbert is exactly right. Johnny Depp was there because he was in Paris and because he's a friend of Keith's and was just hanging out. Same reason I was there. The crew had time off while the band were working on the "live" album and like Gilbert says... "It was Paris and it was the Rolling Stones... wouldn't you?

Gilbert's pal Johnny

• 2 months later...