IGNORED

Uptone ATX PS

Alex,

Are there any plans to sell Uptone Audio ATX LPS?

Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Alex,

Are there any plans to sell Uptone Audio ATX LPS?

Thanks

Alex and I have talked about it several times, the "new architecture" seems to be well suited to it, BUT there is very limited development time, and there are a lot of very radical things we are coming up with in other areas that we want to focus on now, so doing an ATX supply is not that high on the list at this point in time.

John S.

Alex and I have talked about it several times, the "new architecture" seems to be well suited to it, BUT there is very limited development time, and there are a lot of very radical things we are coming up with in other areas that we want to focus on now, so doing an ATX supply is not that high on the list at this point in time.

John S.

You took the words right out of my mouth John. ;)

There is also a whole discussion about what an ATX supply really means:

1)These days it is really just having a unit with 3.3V, 5V, and 12V connecting to a 20/24 pin harness for typical motherboards. The whole turn-on timing sequence requirement seems to be fading as most of today's motherboards really don't care all that much.

2) Fanless audio servers usually use motherboards that are not power hogs, so our 5-7A, choke-filtered, dual-output JS-2 LPS, combined with a picoPSU-160-XT is a great combination since, as you can see in the photo below, the picoPSU passes through all 12V untouched (to the motherboard 4-pin plug, the main ATX plug, and to the PATA/SATA plugs), and its switching regulators are used for the 3.3V and 5V. But since about the only crucial 5V usage is for SATA drives, we have a lot of folks setting the second JS-2 output to 5V and feeding their SATA HD/SSD directly.

picoPSU-160-XT.jpg

Thanks John, Alex.

I will also try the Pico route, now to check if I can get a Mobo where I can use my existing JS-2?

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2