IGNORED

Live DSD Streaming - 2015 Chopin Competition Prize Winner's Concerts

Are the on-demand streams on the DSD Streaming web site? I'd like to try those ahead of the concert.

Once you install the Prime Seat software, the on-demand streams are presented on the main screen; i.e., inside Prime Seat.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Thank you so much for posting this! I was really hoping they'd expand their audience beyond the original KORG and Sony DACs. Just tested with my iFi Micro iDSD and sounds great :)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

The news is great, but I not happy with them.

My ISP can't provide stable connection:

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 22.47.01.png

After 9-10 seconds stream is broken.

Otherwise yes, my Amanero interface works great.

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.

ISP provides more DL speed than needed (+40Mbit/s), but international links are too long and weak. From Japan to EU in my case.

Tested also with 500/500 FO line, result is exactly the same.

For On-Demand service total 4 servers is in use (all located in Tokyo), actively per client 2 servers are connected, but session collapses after 10 seconds and new session is initiated for next 10 seconds...

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.

ISP provides more DL speed than needed (+40Mbit/s), but international links are too long and weak. From Japan to EU in my case.

Tested also with 500/500 FO line, result is exactly the same.

For On-Demand service total 4 servers is in use (all located in Tokyo), actively per client 2 servers are connected, but session collapses after 10 seconds and new session is initiated for next 10 seconds...

The live streaming (5.6 DSD) worked fine for me with only 4.5 mb/s broadband, which surprised and delighted me. I'm in the UK.

Actually, the very first test (in April 05.2015) was ok for me. After first day somewhere something is changed, so second concert day was disappointing. There is topic about that - http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/5-6mhz-direct-stream-digital-streaming-coming-23185/index2.html#post413995

• 1 month later...

I wanted explanation for this issue, and finally got something:

"IIJ checked this issue.

It is due to intended our traffic control in London.

Regards,

Patrick Jones <[email protected]>"

I don't belive this. How someone can offer streaming services with this restrictions??