IGNORED

Good dacs with balanced outputs

Do you require the DAC to have built in pre-amp (a volume control)?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I simply don't trust Chord and that Hugo TT is ugly as hell!!!

Okay so looks are in the eye of the beholder, but may I ask in what way you "don't trust Chord"?

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

How can you trust any company who produces an electronic board in an overpriced case and charges northward of 10k for it?

So your problem is with the cost... That's hardly a "trust" issue and Chord Electronics are not making huge profits. The case asside which can be seen as over engineering for aesthetic purposes (though other companies design similar cases and all claim audio engineering reasons), Chord design their DACs from the ground up rather than using off the shelf components and such engineering costs.

I get you don't like their products and feel them overpriced, I just think the term "trust" implies something underhand or dishonest and I can't see how that applies to Chord (or generally to any company we're talking about).

In the same way, how can you trust any company who prices copper at ££££ per m
Those are two different "Chord"s, I think, no?

The Chord Company (who make cables) is completely different company from Chord Electronics Ltd.

Eloise

---