IGNORED

iPod+ iTransfer (Wadia)/important official news on...last post.

Hi.

A friend of mine was in Germany to visit the great HI-FI show last weekend.

He has told me that at the Wadia stand they confirm that it is full 24/96!

So, my question is:

anyone can test IF an iPod can play .wav file 24/96???

(you can download a simply test here:)

http://www.linnrecords.com/linn-downloads-testfiles.aspx

REMEMBER: .wav at 24/96

:)

t h a n X, luca

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

Now, we can count only on the Rockbox software, or...

...OR???

L.

P.S. Yesser, I will write here all I will know!

P.P.S. have you also tried to add a file without iTunes, manually?

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

: (

So...?

Nothing to do with hires on iPod?

Guys,

I have never been able to get any AIFF 48K or higher on an iPod.

First off it would have to be AIFF. I don't think WAV would be appropriate for the iPod. You can convert these easily to AIFF.

But on the MAC I still cannot play WAV files other than 44/16. Some say on the PC it's capable.

So if you are going to try I would try an AIFF at 24/96.

Maybe Wadia is saying their hardware can handle 24/96 but best to ask them. They were pretty hush hush at CES about any of the specs. Or maybe they realized who I was :))))

Thanks

Gordon

***But on the MAC I still cannot play WAV files other than 44/16. Some say on the PC it's capable.***

?!?

On my iMac G4 700Mhz (an old one) with iTune 7.2.9 I listen through the internal speaker and through the headphone the files in 24/96 that I have download (and payed!) from Linn.

I was buying it like .flac and then managed with Max.app to .wav

iTunes plays it only in .wav or after managed into .aif (it is the same thing .aif or .wav, no?)

To know, the iTunes for Windows XP read the .wma (!) that are lossless like .flac and it transform it into .apple lossless BUT downgrade it to 16/44 :(

Ciao.

P.S. With a player named "Cog" for MacOS you can play the .flac 24/96 ;-)

...believe me (and my friend) that a guy from Wadia in Muenchen is spoke that it is full 24/96! My friend has asked it two times because that IS the only thing that make me buy this device.

I...don't know..."they" speak about new resolutions, HD in video...but they talk about "news" with 16/44 on hands...

..."news"...please!

(I am so...)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

...can you play the 24/96 from your iBook via USB to your benchmark DAC?

(It show "the" resolution?)

A N D:

can you try to use a simply toslink to output from iBook (headphone output is also optical output) and insert the cable in the spdif input of benchmark DAC?

Difference? Resolution?

Thanks a lot and sorry again also for the double reply ;)

L.

Hey There, no worries about double replies around here :-)

I currently playback 24/96 music from my MacBook Pro via USB to a Benchmark DAC1 Pre. Works like a charm and is native 24/96, not upsampling or any funny business.

I haven't spent too much time using the mini optical - TOSlink output into the DAC1. My Benchmark contact insists there is no difference in sound quality on the DAC1 compared to USB. What you need is a TOSlink cable that has a mini toslink or mini optical on one end and you're good to go.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Well, Chris.

If you will have time and some buks (it is correct this slang word?) to throw, I will read the comparision between this 2 in/out with interest: I don't believe to the sentence "it is the same"...

;P

..."To answer your question the W170 does not have 24/96 output capabilities. This is something that we will most likely address with an audiophile version of the product at a later date...."

THIS is a part of an email that gently Mr. Keith from Wadia USA has sent to me now. So...this thread is (for me) at the end...

:(

luca

• 10 months later...