IGNORED

Article: Fink & RCO - An Astounding Album & App Experience

First listening re sample track, I, too, was taken with the assembly of group + orchestra. And downloaded the WAV 44.1/16 album from Ninja Tune. Similarly, as crenca describes, I feel the same way after a second listening to the first three tracks. I found the tracks repetitive stylistically, and, frankly, the first tracks sound like each other so that I moved on to other music that held my attention throughout the album tracks. I stopped listening after three tracks so I have not heard the remaining tracks. But music appreciation is subjective and I am merely expressing my experience rather than contradicting what others appreciate about Fink. Afterall, enjoying the music is paramount.

Best,

Richard

Hi Richard - Give track four a listen. It's all orchestral and very different from the first three :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

This is a fun read. Nice to see you had a run-in with Fink, very similar to me...

I had this exact same 'how could I have missed this guy?' thought somewhere in 2013. I had never heard of Fink prior to listening to him on vinyl (Sort of Revolution) during a demo at one of the more prestigious dealers in NL. I remember preferring listening to the Magico Q1's playing Fink over the Magico Q7's in the next room playing ...(fill in any well recorded utterly un-involving audiophile stuff).

I then ran into the "Wheels Turn Beneath My Feet" live album, which replaced "February" by Kane (Dutch band) as my album of choice for a deserted island. I remember flagging "Wheels Turn.." in a best find of the year '13 thread here on CA.

I really like the RCO album, but do still prefer Fink live with his own band. I went to see Fink in Paradiso (Amsterdam) November last year and, what a coincidence, I went to see Fink in the Royal Concertgebouw (without the RCO, just the venue) the day before yesterday (Oct 22).. Paradiso was epic. No more, no less. I felt the Concertgebouw acoustics (highly regarded ) are simply less fit for this particular purpose and the hall, although very classy, does not have the rock-temple vibe & intimacy of the Paradiso. It was still very good though..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21685[/ATTACH]

FINK in the Concertgebouw (Oct. 22, 2015 - Amsterdam)

Great story. Thanks for posting. I'm jealous. I wish Fink would tour here in the US.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have had an awesome week musically discovering Fink and also with a great live show I will share in Album of the Evening. I was able to share this with like minded listeners and they loved it. When you write about musicians and band with this kind of passion I have no issue with voting with my dollars without hearing a single note. You have wonderful taste sir!!!!!

CA needs more of this passion for MUSIC within the forums and a whole lot less of arguments on the same lot of subjective subjects over and over again. Music like this brings us together in such a beautiful way.

Thanks for the post Booster. I'm very happy to see you and your like minded listeners have also experienced as much enjoyment from this album as I have.

I agree with you about CA needing more passion for music and less arguments about the same subjects.