IGNORED

hiface 2..

Hopefully someone can help with this.

I purchased a hi-face 2 from Keith of Purite on ebay for what I thought a very reasonable price of 105GBP.

However, it was a greatly frustrating exercise to get the thing working. Sadly Keith was very little help so I reverted to the manufacturer. They sent me this message below.

I have tried to do this, but with little success.

One does wonder why Purite is selling something which is very unlikely to work....

Advice welcomed.

Subject: Re: Hi face 2

Hello Daniel, I apologize for the delay but I was away and I could not follow his request.

To update its hiFace Two must use a firmware upgrade package. According to its serial number, unfortunately, the update will not be feasible for the firmware version that is currently mounted on its device, which does not allow in most cases, to make upgrades.

This does not imply that it can not be upgraded and, for this reason I am sending an installation package.

Connect your device to a free USB port.

Download the following package. Open it and follow the installation procedure.

At the end of the installation through the Finder click on his Hard-Disk and find a folder called 'xmos_dfu_osx'

Open and clik inside the file 'm2tech_dfu_2.app’

It will open a terminal window (ask for the password to access it, usually, it is that you use to install software on your Mac).

In the next window you will be asked to select your device, the device hiFace Two has two choices, please select the second item.

Confirm your choice and start the firmware update.

In the Terminal window will start the update process.

After about 30 seconds (may vary from Mac to Mac), the procedure will be terminated and a flashing cursor will appear again in the Terminal window.

Unplug its hiFace Two and re-insert.

Now you can close the windows for firmware update and test whether the new update has improved the performance of its device.

If there was not improvement I need to ask you to send the item in question and we'll provide to upgrade for free.

Let me know.

Best,

Nicola Arrighi

Embedded Programming & Web Dev

M2TECH Srl

Polo Tecnologico - Via Giuntini, 13/L1

I-56023 Navacchio di Cascina - Pisa - Italy

www.m2tech.biz

Hopefully someone can help with this.

I purchased a hi-face 2 from Keith of Purite on ebay for what I thought a very reasonable price of 105GBP.

However, it was a greatly frustrating exercise to get the thing working. Sadly Keith was very little help so I reverted to the manufacturer. They sent me this message below.

I have tried to do this, but with little success.

One does wonder why Purite is selling something which is very unlikely to work....

Advice welcomed.

http://file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/Desktop/Downloads/hiFace%202%20firmware%20update/firmware_update_xmos.html

I have recently done this on a windows 8.1 laptop.

First install the standard driver 1.6 I think.

http://www.m2tech.biz/public/pdf/M2TECH_USBAudio_Driver_r1.6_1.exe

Then follow the instructions for the firmware update.

Then install the latest driver.(upgrade version)

I think that was how I did it lol.

Also consider the new distance selling regs in the UK, you may have grounds to send it back for a refund if dissatisfied with the product not working properly, although it should work without the firmware update.

atb

Ronnie.

Just thought to add that mine is one of the first hiface twos.