IGNORED

Tidal Content

On NetFlix, movies come and go from the library. Of course I like new titles being offered, but should my expectation be that offerings may be short lived on Tidal and other streaming services? My favorite Ben Webster album, Gentle Ben, has disappeared. I've seen others.

----------------------

Dan

iMac

Schitt Yggy

Tortuga LDR3.V2

Bob Latino ST-120

GoldenEar Triton One

On NetFlix, movies come and go from the library. Of course I like new titles being offered, but should my expectation be that offerings may be short lived on Tidal and other streaming services? My favorite Ben Webster album, Gentle Ben, has disappeared. I've seen others.

Excellent question. When I susbscribed to Tidal a few months or so ago, I assumed the content was (mostly - barring any "neil young" type actions on the part of artists) fixed. If content, particularly my "favorites" starts to come and go I am going to be none too pleased...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Just searched for it on my iPhone. It's there. In fact, it was the first album listed. I've noticed that the searches are not consistent in their results. I'm guessing it depends on the current demand on the servers, or something to that effect.

*ANTIPODES CX--- Ethernet--->

*CARY DMS-600 STREAMER/DAC---> XLR ICs--->

*CARY SLP-05 preamp (Ultimate Upgrade ed.)---> XLR ICs--->

*CLAYTON M-300 amps--->

*MARTIN LOGAN Spire speakers.

Well isn't that interesting?

A couple of days ago, a different release with the orange was the one available. I guess it was replaced with this one and my favorites didn't follow along. If you do a search for "Gentle Ben" a blank album comes up with Ben Wester's name and it says "This album is not available". As you said, search it a different way, it comes up. Squirrelly.

I have another example. I once had Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's 2009 release of In the Speed of Life. Gone. Can someone find that one?

As an aside, have you ever seen NGDB's Jimmie Fadden play the drums, harmonica and sing on "Going up the country"? Pretty amazing. I can't walk and chew gum.

----------------------

Dan

iMac

Schitt Yggy

Tortuga LDR3.V2

Bob Latino ST-120

GoldenEar Triton One

Well isn't that interesting?

A couple of days ago, a different release with the orange was the one available. I guess it was replaced with this one and my favorites didn't follow along. If you do a search for "Gentle Ben" a blank album comes up with Ben Wester's name and it says "This album is not available". As you said, search it a different way, it comes up. Squirrelly.

The search in TIDAL is "squirrelly" indeed. I KNOW I have searched for the exact same thing and gotten different results, all in the space of a day or two. It had me doubting myself at first (thinking I was always fat fingering things, etc.) but it really is inconsistent. Add to that you can't copy and paste anything, and it is really substandard.

However, the service is one of kind (at least for us in the US) and we have to overlook these problems...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

That's the trade-off of streaming services vs. downloads. If you buy the download, you can hear it anytime without worrying about the streaming music license having expired!