IGNORED

Midsummer Night's Dream - eClassical

Has anyone downloaded this new release? Any opinions? Great price.

eClassical - Mendelssohn ? A Midsummer Night?s Dream

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I am still undecided about downloading the "Midsummer's Night" recording, but I did purchase the Double Concerto/Octet also being offered at a special price. Only one listen but I think it is very good. The Octet is quite lively, I have always liked it.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Has anyone downloaded this new release? Any opinions? Great price.

eClassical - Mendelssohn ? A Midsummer Night?s Dream

This is indeed a lot of fun. Dausgaard at 110% energy, as usual. Still need to decide whether I need this to challenge my go-to Herrweghe version.

Many thanks for the recommendation. I am enjoying this recording very much and find the sound quality remarkable, as so often with BIS. In my view, Klemperer conducting the Philharmonia for EMI remains firmly at the top of the discography, but Dausgaard's recording is a nice addition. The choice of a chamber orchestra gives a lot of prominence to the wind instruments, which to me is at the same time the main strength and the main weakness of Dausgaard's recording.

Many thanks for the recommendation. I am enjoying this recording very much and find the sound quality remarkable, as so often with BIS. In my view, Klemperer conducting the Philharmonia for EMI remains firmly at the top of the discography, but Dausgaard's recording is a nice addition. The choice of a chamber orchestra gives a lot of prominence to the wind instruments, which to me is at the same time the main strength and the main weakness of Dausgaard's recording.

Yes, the Klemperer is a classic and was, together with Herreweghe, my go-to version for this work so far. But as usual, Dausgaard really gives this thing a fresh haircut.