IGNORED

LH Infinity in 2.0 chassis is shipping

Google LH Labs Pulse. There are multiple threads. Plus a dozen for sale.

Most have been reviews as a dac/headphone amplifier. But some are with another headphone amp.

Those people are passionate.

Hope this is not a violation.

I bet there's some reviews on the new LH Labs forums, but ever since they made the switch from the old forum I haven't joined them. I'm not a fan of the new format and find it complicated to navigate.

As for googling, I've done that. What I find are reviews about the Geek Pulse Xfi or Pulse X Infinity in the 1.0 Chassis. I've read those reviews that have been coming out for ~3-4 months now, but what I was interested in were the fresh ones for the Pulse Infinity in the 2.0 Chassis, as that's what I've got. I'll be picking it up next week, but it's nice to see what others are thinking about it.

If anyone has any links to Pulse Infinity in the 2.0 Chassis reviews/feedback/comparisons, please post them.

Look in the large thread (9800 posts) at Head Fi on the Pulse. The last 20 pages have comments from several owners of Ininity in the 2.0 chassis.

Most posts are complaints on shipping. A couple are issues with computer recognizing the Pulse. The recognition problem is mostly issues with driver for Windows.

My Mac had no problems, even using the gimme USB cable.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

Look in the large thread (9800 posts) at Head Fi on the Pulse. The last 20 pages have comments from several owners of Ininity in the 2.0 chassis.

Most posts are complaints on shipping. A couple are issues with computer recognizing the Pulse. The recognition problem is mostly issues with driver for Windows.

My Mac had no problems, even using the gimme USB cable.

Many thanks :-)

And yeah, I have a GO 1000 on windows now that's not playing nicely :-( I'll test it out on my iMac when I get back from a business trip. I really fear that it's fried, though, because man does it ever get hot...

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on the Windows problem. Geek Pulse - works fine with my Macbook Pro, Windows 10 -no go.

There will probably a new driver in 2016 for Windows!

PS Audio DirectStream DSD Bridge -> Classe CA-2200 - >B&W 803-D2, Nordost Tyr cabled. Synology NAS, MinimServer, BubbleDS.