IGNORED

LH Infinity in 2.0 chassis is shipping

I have not seen a user review. After quite a wait it is on the way.

With two LH cables also.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

I have not seen a user review. After quite a wait it is on the way.

With two LH cables also.

Did you get a shipping notification for your Infinity 2.0? I'm still waiting to get mine.

I was not too happy about the sales pitch disguised as a shipping notification I received from LH Labs on 9/28.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

Yes, even got a tracking number. This means it should be here this Week.

I am looking forward to giving it a listen. And I too was less than thrilled to read multiple emails that said Pulse Infinity shipping and the message was about an eight output power supply.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

i am waiting mine...will now look for a partnering headphone...

I have the Pulse Xfi in the older chassis, and I have been using it with a pair of Sennheiser HD-700s. You can pick those up for @$500 these days. I think the pairing sounds wonderful.

It arrived. Very nice unit. LH Labs does deliver.

I finally received my Infinity 2.0 yesterday. It definitely looks a lot nicer than the Pulse XFi. I'm letting it burn in for at least a week or so before doing any serious listening. But even right out of the box, it sounds pretty good. The Pulse Xfi took a LONG time to burn-in. It sounded like crap until it burned in for a good week or so.

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

Did you get a shipping notification for your Infinity 2.0? I'm still waiting to get mine.

I was not too happy about the sales pitch disguised as a shipping notification I received from LH Labs on 9/28.

What, you mean you didn't like those fake shipping notifications with more fishing hooks in them? I got to the bottom and thought it must have been a mistake because it felt so greasy.

To chime in as well, mine shipped and arrived at my cousin's already. It'll be another 2 weeks before I get to have a listen, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Now to only sort out that terrible, V1 LPS4 chassis. I really wish they'd have a better plan of migrating early adopters over like they said vs. paying more money for an 8 output LPS I don't need.

I finally received my Infinity 2.0 yesterday. It definitely looks a lot nicer than the Pulse XFi. I'm letting it burn in for at least a week or so before doing any serious listening. But even right out of the box, it sounds pretty good. The Pulse Xfi took a LONG time to burn-in. It sounded like crap until it burned in for a good week or so.

Good to know.

Mine should be on it's way...

Strange how DAC's can take time to burn in appropriately. Hear recently a new MSB playing very far away from what I heard before.

It's also interesting to see that trinity dacs are warmed up at factory and then subject to measurements individually.

What, you mean you didn't like those fake shipping notifications with more fishing hooks in them? I got to the bottom and thought it must have been a mistake because it felt so greasy.

To chime in as well, mine shipped and arrived at my cousin's already. It'll be another 2 weeks before I get to have a listen, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Now to only sort out that terrible, V1 LPS4 chassis. I really wish they'd have a better plan of migrating early adopters over like they said vs. paying more money for an 8 output LPS I don't need.

I wasn't very happy about that fake shipping notification either. Someone at LH Labs thought they were being clever, but it was a total amateur marketing move. How is it EVER a good idea to deceive your paying customers -- the most valuable asset your business has -- with a phony shipping notification just so people will open your email ad? Especially when you've got hundreds of customers waiting for over a year to receive their product! LH Labs got an "A" for alienating their customers with that move!

Well, congrats on getting your unit. Good idea to burn it in for as long as you can before drawing any conclusions on the sound. The Pulse Xfi unit literally sounded broken until it burned in for a good week or two. I called my friend (the guy who owns it) and I told him something is wrong with the unit because it sounded so bad. But after a few weeks, it opened up and now sounds VERY VERY good. So I'm hopeful the Infinity 2.0 will sound as good after burn in.

I have the V1 LPS chassis too and I had it move it to a lower shelf because it's such a mismatch.

But after a few weeks, it opened up and now sounds VERY VERY good..

That was my experience as well with my v.1 Xfi + LPS. The combo is now outstanding, but initially it was underwhelming. I'm really looking forward to the arrival of my Vi Dac Tube, but in the meantime I am very happy with the sound of the Xfi + LPS combo (even though I think the units are rather ugly).

The Vi Dac is off-the-charts beautiful though, and the Xfi is temporary so I'm not bothered too much by the v.1 Xfi and LPS poor aesthetics.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

That was my experience as well with my v.1 Xfi + LPS. The combo is now outstanding, but initially it was underwhelming. I'm really looking forward to the arrival of my Vi Dac Tube, but in the meantime I am very happy with the sound of the Xfi + LPS combo (even though I think the units are rather ugly).

The Vi Dac is off-the-charts beautiful though, and the Xfi is temporary so I'm not bothered too much by the v.1 Xfi and LPS poor aesthetics.

I will probably try to find a LPS in europe to attache to my Pulse. Any Suggestions?

They posted an updated shipping/production schedule around a day ago and I was surprised to see how little progress is being made on the Vi DAC. It said something like only 80% PCB design completed, 10% hardware ordered, and of course 0% assembled+shipped. I was really on the fence about upgrading to since I already had the Pulse Xfi & LPS4 and the cost wasn't too much more, but then I called it quits on any further LH love and figured I could pick one up in the classifieds if I ever wanted to take a look. Not trying to put down your wait, it's a hell of a good looking, and likely performing DAC, I'm just happy I'm not waiting on it.

How do you listen to DSD files in Pulse? DoP only? Is the there a working native DSD support in Pulse?

Since the Pulse series are all based on the ESS 9018(non S) DAC chip, can't they all do native DSD? I thought it was talked about way back. Maybe it was going to be a firmware update addition? I used native DSD on my LH Labs Geek Out 1000, for what that's worth.

I am so glad I didn't back the $400 perk to upgrade to Vi DAC now, even though that was a "bargain", but it very much likely won't be delivered until somewhere in the middle of next year, and that is crazy. And if I could see the future I would buy the gumby and call it a day.

"Vi DAC will start shipping by the end of this month"

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-dac-high-rez-desktop-dac-system#/updates

At 400 I would certainly upgrade if I were given the option.

Finally hooked mine up, wanted to sell it as new. Guess what? I worked perfect on power up and with 30 minutes of playing sounds great. For convenience playing 96/24 files converted from ISO files.

Plan on letting it run for another day or so to see what it does once warmed up. A big shout out to LH Labs. Great product and great price. A long wait was worth it.

Finally hooked mine up, wanted to sell it as new. Guess what? I worked perfect on power up and with 30 minutes of playing sounds great. For convenience playing 96/24 files converted from ISO files.

Plan on letting it run for another day or so to see what it does once warmed up. A big shout out to LH Labs. Great product and great price. A long wait was worth it.

Good news. Is it a Infinity? Lets us know if it develops after a bit of burn in...

Good news. Is it a Infinity? Lets us know if it develops after a bit of burn in...

The case is a little different. The top is plastic and is designed to slide off to the rear. There is a steel plate underneath.

I can hear the brightness reported by some. But also a clear and clean presentation.

Some of the reviews state 200 -300 hours to run in. Sounds like a lot of hours.

The case is a little different. The top is plastic and is designed to slide off to the rear. There is a steel plate underneath.

I can hear the brightness reported by some. But also a clear and clean presentation.

Some of the reviews state 200 -300 hours to run in. Sounds like a lot of hours.

Where have you read any feedback on the 2.0 units? Yours is the first impression I've seen anywhere, and I'm in a few LH Labs threads. On the other hand, it's not like I've been trying to hunt feedback down either.

Where have you read any feedback on the 2.0 units? Yours is the first impression I've seen anywhere, and I'm in a few LH Labs threads. On the other hand, it's not like I've been trying to hunt feedback down either.

Google LH Labs Pulse. There are multiple threads. Plus a dozen for sale.

Most have been reviews as a dac/headphone amplifier. But some are with another headphone amp.

Those people are passionate.

Hope this is not a violation.