IGNORED

iUSB3.0

Hmmmm. I wonder what that was all about? well, you could/should have opened a ticket with iFI/AMR. I would be interested in what they would have said. And, im really enjoying my iUSB3.0 as well!

I did. They told me to check the cabling for deficiencies but I think they were also caught bit off guard. I don't blame them. The IUSB 3.0 is a new relatively complicated product so any compatibilities or issues will be solved in due Time. Unfortunately I couldn't continue the contact with them since I could not help them any more having sold the Mytek.

The Issues with the this amazing device won't stop me from buying a Mytek Dac again. I just Iwish It works with the new Brooklyn but can't complain either way since I won the IUsb3.0 in the Ifi competition for free but If I have paid 450 euro for It I would not be entirely satisfied.

I'm sure it's some minor problem. You know how it is with new products....a few bugs to workout. I wouldn't be surprised if iFI/AMR comes out with some new software/files to down load for it some time soon. A friend of mine has the REGEN and got his iUSB3.0 last night and left it on for 24 hours. He says the iUSB3.0 matches the REGEN in performance with a little less bass boom. He feels as the iUSB3.0 continues to run in, it will pass the REGEN in performance. I thought that was great news to hear!

W10/i5/ Jriver/Fidelizer Optimizer ~ iFI iUSB 3.0 ~ iFi Micro iDSD DAC ~ Vincent SA-T1 tube preamp ~ Vincent SP - 331 MK tube power amp ~ Canton Vento 830.2 Speakers ~ Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper interconnects ~ Triode Wire Labs Speaker cables ~ Triode wire Labs Power Cords.

I'm sure it's some minor problem. You know how it is with new products....a few bugs to workout. I wouldn't be surprised if iFI/AMR comes out with some new software/files to down load for it some time soon. A friend of mine has the REGEN and got his iUSB3.0 last night and left it on for 24 hours. He says the iUSB3.0 matches the REGEN in performance with a little less bass boom. He feels as the iUSB3.0 continues to run in, it will pass the REGEN in performance. I thought that was great news to hear!

Is your friend going to try the iFI and Regen together?

UptonedMacMini(onJS2)>TelluriumSiverDiamondUSB>IsREgen(onLPS1onJS2)>Curious(short)>BerkeleyAlphaUSB>TomboTronBNC>MetrumPavaneDAC>SilvermithPalladium>MargulesSF(20SE)Pre>TelluriumSilverDiamond>MarguesU280c(25SE)Amp>AZAbsoluteSpeakercables>MargulesOrpheus+MarguleSub.CD:Cambridge851C>StealthVaridigSextet>MetrumPavane.

Powerconditioning/cables:AudienceAR6TSSD;KubalaSosnaElationon>AR6;OndaRaptureonPre-andAmp;KaplancablesonDAC/Transport;Combak350>JS-2;AZAbsolute>Alpha USB.

5ab04fc775d4d_2018-02-1511_30_04.thumb.jpg.bdba2e1c8a8ba2d514247b298a41222d.jpg

Don't know about together , but he's going to let them both run in and then he's going to keep which is best.

W10/i5/ Jriver/Fidelizer Optimizer ~ iFI iUSB 3.0 ~ iFi Micro iDSD DAC ~ Vincent SA-T1 tube preamp ~ Vincent SP - 331 MK tube power amp ~ Canton Vento 830.2 Speakers ~ Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper interconnects ~ Triode Wire Labs Speaker cables ~ Triode wire Labs Power Cords.

Asked because there is some speculation elsewhere whether they might not reinforce each other's strengths.

Don't know about together , but he's going to let them both run in and then he's going to keep which is best.

UptonedMacMini(onJS2)>TelluriumSiverDiamondUSB>IsREgen(onLPS1onJS2)>Curious(short)>BerkeleyAlphaUSB>TomboTronBNC>MetrumPavaneDAC>SilvermithPalladium>MargulesSF(20SE)Pre>TelluriumSilverDiamond>MarguesU280c(25SE)Amp>AZAbsoluteSpeakercables>MargulesOrpheus+MarguleSub.CD:Cambridge851C>StealthVaridigSextet>MetrumPavane.

Powerconditioning/cables:AudienceAR6TSSD;KubalaSosnaElationon>AR6;OndaRaptureonPre-andAmp;KaplancablesonDAC/Transport;Combak350>JS-2;AZAbsolute>Alpha USB.

From what I gathered from elsewhere...the Iusb3.0 is on par with the Regen with the Regen having a more boomy bass and the iUSB3.0 not being as warm as the Regen. But the iUSB only had 24 hours on her and the Regen being broken in already...so things should change with the iUSB3.0 as she runs in.

From what i'm hearing out of my iUSB3.0...she is warm, but them again I use tubes in my amp and preamp.

Hi I also use an Iusb3.0 with an Idsd micro and am very pleased with the results.With my micro It works like a charm but with my (now sold) mytek 192 I could not get It to function properly. It used to "play properly" for two to three minutes and then the sound got heavily distorted following a one to two minute pause then staring to play again and so on. With hi res music especially dsd It didn't play at all but locked and unlocked from 176.4 to dsd constantly according to the mac's display.

This couldn't be due to any cable deficiency because i use the same very high quality cables (an ifi gemini and a belkin usb3.0 premium gold) with my idsd micro with no problem whatsoever, I also used both the usb outputs of the i usb3.0 to exclude any deficiency and always checked to use the correct sockets on the gemini.

What could be the issue? Could It be the receiver of the mytek (not a driverless xmos but a rigisystems requiring drivers on Mac) was incompatible with the functions of IUsb 3.0's functions? Unfortunately I sold the Mytek a few days Later so further testing could not take place. Has any one tried the Iusb3.0 with other manufacturer's dacs? Any Issues?

Did you try to disengage the IsoGround feature ? Maybe the problems you are experiencing are due to the lack of ground connection between the DAC and a PC ? The IsoGround system disconnects the ground after a while AFAIK.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Did you try to disengage the IsoGround feature ? Maybe the problems you are experiencing are due to the lack of ground connection between the DAC and a PC ? The IsoGround system disconnects the ground after a while AFAIK.

Yes I did but with no positive results

It wouldn't make any difference anyway since my macmini doesn't have a ground pin in It's power socket.

Iam sure the issue I had will be fixed because Ifi always care about their products and are very communicative and supportive with their customers.

I opened this thread in an effort to help prevent such issues and not to complain or anything. It is unfortunate that I do not own the dac that had the poblem cooperating with the iUSB3.0 anymore and cannot provide much more feedback on the issue which did happen and would be very annoying since If the Mytek 192 DSD was my only dac the iUSB3.0 would have been rendered useless something not very pleasant If I had bought It to upgrade that specific dac paying 450eur.

The pice of the device in combination with the seriousness of the "glitch" I have experienced are worth the discussion I think..

With my Idsd mico which is my only dac for now It works smoothly trouble free and very effectively so I am ok.

Yes I did but with no positive results

It wouldn't make any difference anyway since my macmini doesn't have a ground pin in It's power socket.

Iam sure the issue I had will be fixed because Ifi always care about their products and are very communicative and supportive with their customers.

I opened this thread in an effort to help prevent such issues and not to complain or anything. It is unfortunate that I do not own the dac that had the poblem cooperating with the iUSB3.0 anymore and cannot provide much more feedback on the issue which did happen and would be very annoying since If the Mytek 192 DSD was my only dac the iUSB3.0 would have been rendered useless something not very pleasant If I had bought It to upgrade that specific dac paying 450eur.

The pice of the device in combination with the seriousness of the "glitch" I have experienced are worth the discussion I think..

With my Idsd mico which is my only dac for now It works smoothly trouble free and very effectively so I am ok.

Well heres a cat that had no problems with the iUSB3.0 and his DAC. So I dont know why you had issues with yours .

Micro iUSB3.0 Appreciation Thread - Page 3

I just got my prize from the give-away today, and it is very nice. To get it to play nice with my LH Labs Geek Out V2, I had to engage the 'on' switch. The Geek Out V2 is a very nice transparent DAC with well regarded dynamic range. I own a LH Labs Lightspeed 2 cable that has split power and data and I tried the DAC straight out of the computer using the Lightspeed 2 and from the iUSB3.0.

The iUSB3.0 increases both soundstage depth and width. Instrument separation is also improved. I think the improvements are due to the blackening of the background through lowering the noisefloor. What I noticed most is bass notes sounded fuller, and plucks on instruments and bangs on drums more distinct. It was like a subtle veil that I had never noticed before was lifted.

I'll be taking this bad-boy brick of audio awesome to a mini-meet this Friday. I'll try to take notes and get impressions from a number of folks. Expect pictures then too. This think will be mated with a Schiit Ygdrassil, a LH Labs Pulse X-Infinity, and a DiDiT DAC 212, all £2k plus DACs. It will be very nice to see what this little wonder does with the big boy toys. Watch this space, I'll be posting a link.

Well heres a cat that had no problems with the iUSB3.0 and his DAC. So I dont know why you had issues with yours .

Micro iUSB3.0 Appreciation Thread - Page 3

[/font][/color]

Maybe It was something I did wrong? I guess since I don't own the Mytek dac anymore there is no reason for me to insist on the matter. I am sorry If I caused any fuss. I concur to the substantial benefits of the IUSB 3.0 which were apparent also with the Mytek at least in the time lapses It did cooperate and play music.

The issue I had does not take any of the value of the I usb 3.0. It would really be my pleasure to report that It works properly with the mytek Brooklyn when I get It and none will be happier than me to report a successful match since the IUSB 3.0's impressive benefits are really worth much higher end devices.

Maybe It was something I did wrong?
You shall not be forgiven.

When I set this up tonight I will try powering the Raspberry Pi using the power output of extra set of USB outputs so I can compare it to the linear power supply that is currently powering it.

I was thinking though - the Pi will be supplying the USB signal to the iUSB which is also then providing the Pi with power in order for it to be able to send the USB signal to the iUSB...

Do you think it is a bit like crossing the streams and the world will enter into an infinite loop and end in an instance :)

Guy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I set this up tonight I will try powering the Raspberry Pi using the power output of extra set of USB outputs so I can compare it to the linear power supply that is currently powering it.

I was thinking though - the Pi will be supplying the USB signal to the iUSB which is also then providing the Pi with power in order for it to be able to send the USB signal to the iUSB...

Do you think it is a bit like crossing the streams and the world will enter into an infinite loop and end in an instance :)

Guy

Hi,

Shouldnt be an issue. Try it! Also select 'On' instead of 'Auto.' This is a neat little extra that keeps the power on all the time so the PC does not see a 'dropped connection.'

Cheers.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

I thought crossing the streams was bad Egon...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I am interested in the comparison between the new iusb3.0 and the former iusb, as I have the iusb+purifier+gemini pack and would like to know if there is any gain with iusb3.0...

Thanks in advance.

Gigabyte x299 Gaming 7 Pro, 7980xe, G.Skill 3600CL15, 2080Ti, 960 EVO, SM951 256,

840 Pro 256, 860 EVO, 2xSeagate Seahawk, Pioneer 207EBK, EVGA P2 1200, TJ11 custom WC

@Eastern Supreme (Single and Dual Bursons V6 Vivid) @Onkyo A9000R -- 2xMA GX300

@Onkyo 5009 -- Kef XQ50C Central, 2xKef XQ10 Surround, Rel R-205

@Panasonic P60ZT60E

Thought I'd start a thread for all iUSB3.0 discussions :)

Great. A thread about it was already started 3 days before yours. Now we have two. Pointless and confusing.

It's always good to search before starting a thread and see what already exists.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi.

I am interested in the comparison between the new iusb3.0 and the former iusb, as I have the iusb+purifier+gemini pack and would like to know if there is any gain with iusb3.0...

Thanks in advance.

I have had mine for about a week or so but have been mega busy so I have not had time to report back...I'll post a few words later

Great. A thread about it was already started 3 days before yours. Now we have two. Pointless and confusing.

It's always good to search before starting a thread and see what already exists.

I posted in the iFi sub-forum which seems like the most approximate place for a thread about an iFi product...

...it's always good to search for the appropriate sub-forum and see what sub-forums exists before posting threads in the wrong place :)

I have had mine for about a week or so but have been mega busy so I have not had time to report back...I'll post a few words later

Are you posting here or in another thread???

Thanks again...

Gigabyte x299 Gaming 7 Pro, 7980xe, G.Skill 3600CL15, 2080Ti, 960 EVO, SM951 256,

840 Pro 256, 860 EVO, 2xSeagate Seahawk, Pioneer 207EBK, EVGA P2 1200, TJ11 custom WC

@Eastern Supreme (Single and Dual Bursons V6 Vivid) @Onkyo A9000R -- 2xMA GX300

@Onkyo 5009 -- Kef XQ50C Central, 2xKef XQ10 Surround, Rel R-205

@Panasonic P60ZT60E

• 4 weeks later...
Hi I also use an Iusb3.0 with an Idsd micro and am very pleased with the results.With my micro It works like a charm but with my (now sold) mytek 192 I could not get It to function properly. It used to "play properly" for two to three minutes and then the sound got heavily distorted following a one to two minute pause then staring to play again and so on. With hi res music especially dsd It didn't play at all but locked and unlocked from 176.4 to dsd constantly according to the mac's display.

This couldn't be due to any cable deficiency because i use the same very high quality cables (an ifi gemini and a belkin usb3.0 premium gold) with my idsd micro with no problem whatsoever, I also used both the usb outputs of the i usb3.0 to exclude any deficiency and always checked to use the correct sockets on the gemini.

What could be the issue? Could It be the receiver of the mytek (not a driverless xmos but a rigisystems requiring drivers on Mac) was incompatible with the functions of IUsb 3.0's functions? Unfortunately I sold the Mytek a few days Later so further testing could not take place. Has any one tried the Iusb3.0 with other manufacturer's dacs? Any Issues?

I think I owe an update on this matter as further testing with a friend's Mytek 192 dac proved that playback using the iUSB 3.0 is possible without problems and issues other than the somewhat idiosyncratic USB 2.0 port of this dac (at least on macs) already had on It's own like minor pauses on playback of DSD files etc.

Having sold my 192 very closely with the obtaining my won iUSB 3.0 (Thanx a lot Ifi!!) unfortunately did not give me time to check on the issue. Fortunately a friend has just bought one used so tonight after my invitation he brought It over to check on the issue. Looking up on the dacs user and setup guide we found that on the A+preferences the exclusive "access mode" under the low level playback options wasn't checked as It should have. After checking It 99% of the glitching vanished and playback of all sorts of files was functional.

I was explained that the issue had to do with the software buffer that was feeding the dac. Anyway mystery solved and the Mytek 192 sounded truly remarkable through the iUSB 3.0.

I hope my update on this matter was useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for clarifying as the iUSB3.0 should be plug and play - literally!

But we have noted for our Support Ticket System team for customers of non-iFi DACs as these questions do crop up from time to time.

Thank you.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF