IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Sorry...my Google search brought me here; and while my answer might already lie buried, in the 74-some-odd pages...I'm going to have to beg-off Netiquette and ask again anyway.

I'm trying to upgrade the FW in my Brooklyn (2.05!)...and I can't seem to get my Win7 Home Premium (64-bit) to recognize it.

As per what I've read...I install the driver (3.29), then attach the DAC. I get a "bong-bong-bong", no recognition of the device from my PC; and of course, that means...when I install and open up the MCP, I get a goose-egg.

I did finally open a ticket with Mytek...but they asked for a screen-shot (like my empty MCP, will somehow help them?), and I haven't heard back.

Thanks

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

I can only ask have you tried the newer firmwares and had any luck?

Check spam as well for a message ....

Let us know if you find an answer...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

The newer firmware? Driver or CP?

Driver is 3.29, as stated above; CP is 1.06.

(CD)Lehner "This whole world, is wild at heart...and weird on top" - Lula Pace Fortune

MAIN System- ALLO USBridge Signature> Denafrips ARES II> Audiolab 6000a> PMC Twenty-Five 21s

^^ Right fellas; that's what I'm trying to do. Update my FW, from 2.05 to 2.21.

But you need to do that, through MCP...yes? Hence my post.

Just in case here is the firmware notes page and help... Sorry...

https://mytekdigital.com/download_library/firmware/BrooklynDAC_firmware_readme.txt

I got it working...without issue; on another machine, running Win7 Pro.

Weird; but I'll take it.

Hey...is it just me: or is mytekdigital.com , coming up "unsecure" all of a sudden?

CD

Yup..no updates though....

Did find this interesting on Darko's DAC list... I know he rates things higher for great value... but nice to see

Screen shot

[ATTACH]29746[/ATTACH]

Strange rating, in the text of the review is a statement that he rates that Auralic Vega as a better sounding dac than the Brooklyn, but in the list the brooklyn is rated higher then the Vega. Quite subjective I think.

So...here's a "weird" one; that's probably just going to result in the conclusion "it's broke"! lol, but I'm curious anyway.

Not my Brooklyn, but my friend sent me his...because a) we have the same set-up; AAM into Brooklyn, so A/B and troubleshooting would be easy. And b) my vocation, makes me a good and meticulous troubleshooter.

He said, in his set-up: he heard "garbled music"; "like muffled...then sped up, or slowed down". Sometimes "screechy".

When I got the unit, the first thing I did...was compare ALL the settings, against mine; since I NEVER had an issue. He was on 2.07; I was on 2.05...so we were both, wayyy behind the latest 2.20/21. I upgraded both our firmware, and then made sure my unit was still solid.

Then I put his unit, into the loop...leaving everything else unchanged. At first, I thought he was "fixed"...because everything played and sounded fine. I left the unit to run, but when I checked back...after about an hour; there was no output.

The DAC was getting a signal...because I could see the meters moving; just not outputting to my pre-amp. I took a quick look at all the settings...and played with some; but it turned out, the MQA was the culprit. It was enabled, as it certainly should/could be; but as soon as I disabled it...the output kicked right back in.

Re-enable it; output stopped. I tested the same scenario, with my Brooklyn; no such issues. So then I did a "hard-flash" of his firmware, and a "clean" re-load of 2.21. Again I put it back in the loop, where my unit had been running issue-free; and let it sing.

This time...I stopped by the room, about every 15 minutes; to try and pinpoint when it dropped out. The first time, I was checking every so often...but I would say it was about an hour, when I noticed the silence. So this time...when it was still good, close to 4 hours in; I was optimistic. But it dropped out again, shortly after that; and again...enable/disable, fixed and broke the output.

The display would read "no word clock", or like 352.8...when the input was 44.1. I should also mention...this was using, USB (I am now testing, with coax s/pdif...to see if the issue persists).

To this point...with an admittedly, small sample size; it never starts off like this. So...my guess is, after heating up a bit; there's a malfunction of the USB word clock??

Thoughts? Thanks! :)

I usually disconnect the Dac USB cable to use the port when down loading a cd into Audiovana on my Mac mini. When connecting the USB cord back up To the Dac I get "garbled", noises out. To rectify this I have found I have to disconnect the power cord on the Brooklyn for a few seconds, power back up and reselect the Dac. I am still on the original software for the Brooklyn due to the problems others have had and It does what I require. When everyone is happy I may then update. Hope this helps, Roy.

So...what I think I'm hearing is: a) Mytek has not had smooth sailing, with its FW implementation thus far, and b) this issue, is likely FW related?

But then...why would my unit, not have the issue?

I was reading a review of the Brooklyn on another site with close-up photos of the inside. They seem to use a single 100mhz clock next to the ESS DAC IC. I thought that using separate clocks for each sample rate family was the best way to go. Any thoughts?