IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

On 2017-12-22 at 5:17 AM, bobfa said:

I just got my Brooklyn DAC+ and Brooklyn Amp in today.  Hooked up in my system cooking away on Roon Radio.  Setup with Transparent Audio Plus balanced cables (MM2) between them.  Seven hours in and I am thinking there is something here.  Will know in a few days.  The existing Brooklyn DAC will go in my Computer desktop system as soon as I get some more balanced cables for my studio monitors.......

Nice to finally hear about someone else recieving the AMP. I've had mine for a while now and simply love it with the original Brooklyn. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts after the burn-in period.

I have been running the pair: DAC+ and Amp all 24x7 and it is settling down quite a bit.  I try to listen for a bit every day to “taste” the sound.  Yesterday was Christmas and the system was sounding really good.  I have my Rotel Power Amp still in the cabinet to swap between the two amps for some testing.  AS of right now the Brooklyn AMP sounds really nice.  I would say that overall I have some nice impovements with the new gear.   Still need some more time.  I am also fussing with Roon Core devices so I have to get everything stable!

My AMP improved significantly with burn- in. Sounded decent already out of the box, but the highs were a bit washy, almost brutal with less than stellar recordings. When settled, it matches the Brooklyn DAC perfectly IMO. Detailed and by no means forgiving but with great tonality and timing.

Hi guys.

Another Brooklyn DAC user here.

Can you guys play DSD256 through USB ? 

I tried to play DSD256 version of " Arnesen: MAGNIFICAT 4. Et misericordia" which I downloaded from http://www.2l.no/hires/

Direct link to DSD256 file: http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-106/2L-106_stereo-11289k-1b_04.zip

foobar2000 says.. "Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 705600 Hz not supported by this device".

I can play DSD64 and DSD128 version no problem.

44 minutes ago, EVO2point0 said:

Hi guys.

Another Brooklyn DAC user here.

Can you guys play DSD256 through USB ? 

I tried to play DSD256 version of " Arnesen: MAGNIFICAT 4. Et misericordia" which I downloaded from http://www.2l.no/hires/

Direct link to DSD256 file: http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-106/2L-106_stereo-11289k-1b_04.zip

foobar2000 says.. "Unrecoverable playback error: Sample rate of 705600 Hz not supported by this device".

I can play DSD64 and DSD128 version no problem.

That looks like you're trying to go DOP (bec 705.6/768 needed to encapsulate 44.1/48 into 4x DSD into DOP).  You need to use native DSD via ASIO.  I no longer own a Brooklyn, but I did get this to work back when....

1 hour ago, EVO2point0 said:

foobar2000 is set to play native DSD via Mytek ASIO.

I am stumped bec if it wants 705.6, that corresponds to DoP for DSD256.  One final thought to confirm... Tools > SACD shows Output Mode set for DSD and not DSD+PCM?

That's the only other thing I can recall from memory of Brooklyn.

I've since switched DACs to one that supports 768kHz input, so I now use DOP exclusively for increased stability over ASIO (it can do DSD256 with 768kHz, just not DSD512 but I have no DSD512 at all).

Good Morning !!!

I just gave myself the DAC brooklyn, very happy with the first impressions.

I have an Auralic Aries, configured with MQA pass-thorugh, for the DAC to decode the signal.

But I am unable to turn the blue dot of the DAC on, I have only managed to use it from the Mac, and the native application of Tidal.

What should I do?

Thank you and happy New Year's entrance.

Join the club? I recently found the mqa setting in my aries.. ?? but I only have the blue dot when i play 24/352 files from my external harddisk. With other 24 kbit mqa files the blue dot is not there. 

By the way, you can make steps with lps for both the aries (even a better one for  the femto that I have) and brooklyn.