IGNORED

Pure Music 3.0

Tone Deaf

I sent them an email last week regarding the "auto repeat" issue.

Main System: Mac mini (Audirvana+, MMK, JS-2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1) -> Icron 2201 (Rex LPS-1.2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1.2) -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty -> Headamp GS-X Mk2 -> Classe CT-M600 -> KEF Reference 201/2

Also, having some weird occasional quirks that I think might be related to controlling PM on a headless MacMini via Screen Sharing or my version of iTunes. Sometimes it takes more than one click on play/pause to be recognized.

Yes, I have this issue too whether headless or connected directly. It seems that PM3, in taking over play from i-Tunes, is taking focus away from i-Tunes, so the first click on the pause button simply brings focus back on to i-Tunes and the second click will then work to pause. (I am using latest version of i-Tunes on Yosemite).

Resetting preferences made no difference to any of my issues.

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

Not sure what you detailed above, but it seems to be you were able to get the program open. I can not do that.

Detailed above : see my previous post but for clarity I will reiterate.

Delete pure music from applications folder.

Reinstall

Open pure music. (If you can)

Select preferences

In the bottom right of preferences window select default.

Select to either keep or remove licence info

This will delete the preferences

Hopefully this will allow you a working program.

All I can say is that it cleared my issues with the non visible pure music window.

Im just wondering if you have the disappearing window problem as I did. The menu appeared in the toolbar and the dot next to the icon in the dock was there but there was no puremusic window at all.

When you try to run pure music, do the menu options for pure music appear in the toolbar and do you get the dot next to pure music icon in the dock (if you have placed an icon in the dock that is) to show that it is active.

Hope that helps

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

v3.0.2 is out. The "auto repeat" issue has been fixed along with other issues.

Release notes:

• Improvements to Streamthrough synchronization. Option to use Aggregate Device for Streamthrough active synchronization to eliminate sync issues / distortion (instructions for configu- ration in Streamthrough section of User’s Guide). Default for this feature is “on” with name of de- vice called “Streamthrough”

• Improvements to CPU footprint optimization, now bypasses Scrubbing if iTunes is not in front (can’t scrub the track position unless iTunes is in front anyway). If using iOS Remote and need scrubbing, iTunes must be kept in front, which is the default launch configuration: Pure Music brings iTunes to the front / focus after launching, and iTunes remains in front unless the user manu- ally reshuffles windows

• Modified criteria used to determine if Scrubbing should automatically be bypassed: namely, iTunes must be in front, and Pure Music not in Streamthrough mode

• Fixed regression issue which caused Streamthrough output to be silent on certain model Macs

• Fixed issue with playback not stopping at end of an album when in Album view in iTunes

• Fixed issue with playback spuriously skipping ahead in a track

• Fixed issue causing track info to be displayed in meter bar despite display being disabled by user

• Modified “Reset Window Positions” to be the same as clicking Defaults... (which resets all prefer- ences) except that only the window positioning parameters are affected

A message for our DSD Power Users: gapless DSD playback is still undergoing QC testing. We have decided to release 3.0.2 with improvements that will benefit many users, rather than release DSD gapless without complete testing, which is proving to be very time consuming. Thank you for your patience. Please send an email to Channel D support if you would like to participate in testing this feature in a beta release.

Main System: Mac mini (Audirvana+, MMK, JS-2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1) -> Icron 2201 (Rex LPS-1.2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1.2) -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty -> Headamp GS-X Mk2 -> Classe CT-M600 -> KEF Reference 201/2

Unfortunately gapless is still not working for me.

Just curious. Are you using integer mode? And have you tried using the "link to next track" work around?

Just curious. Are you using integer mode? And have you tried using the "link to next track" work around?

I've tried everything I can think of including linking tracks. Same occurs with or without integer mode in play. This isn't the first time gapless has broken with a new release of PM. It's too bad because I really like it otherwise. Rob has been very responsive via email BTW, yet nothing has worked.

I've tried everything I can think of including linking tracks. Same occurs with or without integer mode in play. This isn't the first time gapless has broken with a new release of PM. It's too bad because I really like it otherwise. Rob has been very responsive via email BTW, yet nothing has worked.

Thank you for the reply. Seems you've tried everything I tried, and more. Sorry that gapless isn't working for you. Pure Music isn't without it's quirks, but I have managed to make it work for me. I do like the much faster start up times with PM3.

Back to 2.0.4 and gapless works again. Oh well.

Nothing has changed except PM, OS, and iTunes. The sonics at my house were better with 2.04. Will give it a try again to verify.

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

I have found that if I drag a gapless album in to a flat (non-smart) playlist then gapless works but not if I play it from my smart playlist which filters to show all my aiff rips. (Seems linked to how i-Tunes gives each track an index number).

Churchmouse (Tapatalk)

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

I have found that if I drag a gapless album in to a flat (non-smart) playlist then gapless works but not if I play it from my smart playlist which filters to show all my aiff rips. (Seems linked to how i-Tunes gives each track an index number).

Thanks for posting this, Dave - this works for me as well. Guess Channel D's "testers" don't use smart lists. Hopefully this will will point to a fix for Rob.

Hopefully, the double-press for play/pause will be fixed - as well as the playback skipping when switching from playlist view to main library view...

Michael