IGNORED

El Capitan has arrived

REShaman

Just to be clear – can you run the CAD script without disabling SIP?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

No issues on El Capitan for me, in fact the shaky mediocre bluetooth problem I had with Yosemite appears to be gone. I have a Peachtree deepblue2 and interference would occur too constantly to play anything from my Macbook, now it's flawless (except when I shake my laptop around furiously, which I can't say I do ever).

Macbook Pro -> Audirvana+ -> Meridian Explorer -> Objective2 Amplifier -> Westone ES5 IEMs

My wife called me over to help her with the spinning beach ball. She was in Outlook for Mac 2011. I waved my magic wand and did this and that and the spinning beach ball did not reappear. This is "new" since upgrading to El Capitan. Well, it's back, and I am not sure what is triggering Outlook for Mac 2011 to "crash" essentially, which is what the spinning beach ball is signifying -- that is, Outlook is not responsive. What happened? El Capitan? Microsoft? Always something with Outlook for Mac but never this beach ball barrage. Merde!

It's undoable. Or fixable if that makes more sense. But I have to jump through hoops to recover. Anyone experiencing trouble with Outlook For Mac 2011 since upgrading to El Capitan. Other than this obstacle which only surfaced a day or so after El Capitan was installed, El Capitan is Capital!

There's always something...

Best,

Richard

My wife called me over to help her with the spinning beach ball. She was in Outlook for Mac 2011. I waved my magic wand and did this and that and the spinning beach ball did not reappear. This is "new" since upgrading to El Capitan. Well, it's back, and I am not sure what is triggering Outlook for Mac 2011 to "crash" essentially, which is what the spinning beach ball is signifying -- that is, Outlook is not responsive. What happened? El Capitan? Microsoft? Always something with Outlook for Mac but never this beach ball barrage. Merde!

It's undoable. Or fixable if that makes more sense. But I have to jump through hoops to recover. Anyone experiencing trouble with Outlook For Mac 2011 since upgrading to El Capitan. Other than this obstacle which only surfaced a day or so after El Capitan was installed, El Capitan is Capital!

There's always something...

Best,

Richard

Loads of reports can be found with Google.

Response from Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3098396) is to use Yosemite, and not El Capitan at the moment, but you might find something useful elsewhere.

Response from Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3098396) is to use Yosemite, and not El Capitan at the moment, but you might find something useful elsewhere.

What an impressive answer from a multibillion dollar company... In a nutshell, they are saying "if you're stupid enough to run Windows on MacOS that's not our problem".

What an impressive answer from a multibillion dollar company... In a nutshell, they are saying "if you're stupid enough to run Windows on MacOS that's not our problem".

I wouldn't interpret it that way, at all. They are simply saying to not use this week's new release of OS X if a particular incompatibility between it and Outlook 2011 is/will impact you.

I wouldn't interpret it that way, at all. They are simply saying to not use this week's new release of OS X if a particular incompatibility between it and Outlook 2011 is/will impact you.

But it's not a surprise that the new OS was coming out. Every other major company uses the betas to test and update their software on the new release before it comes out.

Maybe I'm exaggerating and this is just a small bug impacting a minority of users, but if it isnt why didn't they fix it already?

But it's not a surprise that the new OS was coming out. Every other major company uses the betas to test and update their software on the new release before it comes out.

Maybe I'm exaggerating and this is just a small bug impacting a minority of users, but if it isnt why didn't they fix it already?

I agree that the situation shouldn't have arisen. I just didn't agree with your assessment that Microsoft were implying that user stupidity was to blame.

Last night I have installed El Capitan too. However in contrast to Richard I have come across some points that restrict my joy.

1. So far I have been a fan of improving SQ by removing services. With EC for the first time I have not been successful to do so. When trying to get rid of one a message pops up saying that it is not allowed to alter the OS X. What a pity!

I would be glad if someone reading these lines could show me a way what to do.

2. For a long time I have been fond of using 2 RAM disks, one for copying music files to, the other for a copy of iTunes. Unfortunately with EC this last copy can no longer be opened. What a pity too!

Hopefully Jud and/or Le Concombre Masqué can help me.

3. Since its first release I have successfully used the CAD script to improve SQ. You can still set it to work but activity monitor shows constant background activity. Every second or so a little peak shows up making the line look like saw teeth. So I deactivated the CAD script hoping that Scott will update it in the near future.

Regards,

Uwe

Regarding RAMdisks: I bug reported this to Apple. They insisted they did not have the problem and it must be something with my system. I directed them to a report of the same behavior by another user and never heard back.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2. For a long time I have been fond of using 2 RAM disks, one for copying music files to, the other for a copy of iTunes. Unfortunately with EC this last copy can no longer be opened. What a pity too!

Hopefully Jud and/or Le Concombre Masqué can help me.

Hi Uwe,

I forgot to ask whether disabling SIP helped with the RAM disk problem.

I agree that the situation shouldn't have arisen. I just didn't agree with your assessment that Microsoft were implying that user stupidity was to blame.

I didn't mean user stupidity per se, I meant users using the "wrong" OS from a Microsoft perspective.

That said, often enough they don't even fix stuff on their own platform in time.

Hi Uwe,

I forgot to ask whether disabling SIP helped with the RAM disk problem.

I'm hoping. Might try tonight if I remember unless Uwe or someone else responds first.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hello goldsdad,

At last I have succeeded in deactivating a set of services. As to SQ it has once again been a good step forward.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Uwe

Details please

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Installed 10.11 on a fresh SD card and ran the CAD script v1.3 on a 2012 i7 mav mini. No issues at all.

Haven’t had time to actually listen/evalute yet.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Response from Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3098396) is to use, and not El Capitan at the moment, but you might find something useful elsewhere.

Hello goldsdad,

Once again, thank you for your information. The recent update from Microsoft re Office For Mac 2011, I expected, was released to work with El Capitan. The benefit of the doubt is oft disproved by the subsequent performance toll. Yikes!

Best,

Richard

Help! What the hell has happened to Safari on my Mac Mini with the upgrade to El Capitan and Safari 9.0?

On Safari > Preferences > Privacy there was a ton of websites including ones I have never visited, tracking ones, advertising ones, etc., so I changed "Cookies and Website Data" from "Allow from Websites I visit" to "Always Block"

After doing that 37 websites have stored cookies and other data only moments after I deleted everything. Including Facebook and Twitter and I'm haven't been a member of either one in many, many years. See pictures.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 7.42.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 7.43.08 PM.png

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I keep my Privacy tab clean and have never had most of those sites listed there before. I'm afraid to do anything on the internet until this is fixed. I usually have between 5 to 10 websites that I actually have visited listed as having cookies stored in my Privacy tab.

In the past few days I have deleted all website data, perhaps over 25 times and the crap keeps coming back, anyone know how to get rid of this crap for good other than giving up the internet?

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Hello goldsdad,

Once again, thank you for your information. The recent update from Microsoft re Office For Mac 2011, I expected, was released to work with El Capitan. The benefit of the doubt is oft disproved by the subsequent performance toll. Yikes!

Best,

Richard

Richard - in essence you are "honked". I was a long time beta tester for El Capitan, and had Outlook 2011. Always beach balled. I was able to resolve by switching to the new Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. Which I know is not necessarily an option you want to pursue. I was able to do this because this is what we upgraded to at work.

Very unfortunate situation, as has been pointed out in prior posts, Microsoft has been aware of this issue for many, many months.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Respectfully I got the beachball of death with El Capitan and Outlook 2011. Once I upgraded to 2016 no more beachball.

This was on two different machines - both with SSD drives - one 3 1/2 years old, the other one year old.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Richard - in essence you are "honked". I was a long time beta tester for El Capitan, and had Outlook 2011. Always beach balled. I was able to resolve by switching to the new Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. Which I know is not necessarily an option you want to pursue. I was able to do this because this is what we upgraded to at work.

Very unfortunate situation, as has been pointed out in prior posts, Microsoft has been aware of this issue for many, many months.

Hello baddog, and Bill,

Appreciate that you share your experiences with me about El Capitan and Office For Mac. I have been anticipating and vigilant for the single purchase edition of Office For Mac 2016. But so far, no joy!

baddog, appreciate your metaphor ("honked") to alert me to the writing on the wall. Actually, I am planning to purchase Office For Mac 2016 as I have been doing since 2008. I prefer the standalone edition to the 365 subscription edition of Office For Mac 2016. I thought by now the standalone edition would have been released but no firm announcement. October? November?

And, thank you to Bill as well. I am aware of the offer of 1TB with the subscription edition. I may not be a glutton for beach balls, but I am willing to hold out for the single purchase edition. These experiences, given my history with Microsoft Office back when, and Office For Mac starting with 2008 and my first Mac (a early 2008 Mac Pro) have been the SOP with Microsoft. It's always been a Love/Hate relationship for me.

Hoping for sooner than later.

With appreciation,

Richard