IGNORED

Bifrost Multibit?

these opinions are subject to change without prior notice

:D

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I got the Bimby on Saturday. I've been casually listening to it and letting it play when I'm at work or asleep. I gotta say it does something magical to the midrange. I listen to mostly metal and rock and although it doesn't feel like I'm hearing new details, I'm definitely hearing much more music than before. It's the way it beefs up the guitars and makes vocals sound more natural. It makes complex basslines easier to pick out. It adds more shimmer to the cymbals and synths. But the midrange is what really has me smitten. Was it worth 600 dollars? For my system and my musical tastes, yes. Yes it was.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.

I got the Bimby on Saturday. I've been casually listening to it and letting it play when I'm at work or asleep. I gotta say it does something magical to the midrange. I listen to mostly metal and rock and although it doesn't feel like I'm hearing new details, I'm definitely hearing much more music than before. It's the way it beefs up the guitars and makes vocals sound more natural. It makes complex basslines easier to pick out. It adds more shimmer to the cymbals and synths. But the midrange is what really has me smitten. Was it worth 600 dollars? For my system and my musical tastes, yes. Yes it was.

I think your comments about more music and more natural are very apropos.

Versus other DACs I've had, including the Bifrost Uber, pretty much everything sounds more believable, natural, and realistic.

I find it isn't a matter of simply "more" detail or "wider" or "deeper" soundstage as it is about more true-to-life timbres, decays, and spacial information. BTW, I listen to mostly classical music.

My Bimby arrived today- super fast shipping from Schiit. Cooking it now.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC