IGNORED

PS Audio Perfect Wave Memory Player and Direct Stream DAC.

rjb301

Hi everyone.

Just putting some feelers out there for anyone who has these (one or both) products and what are their thoughts?

At the moment my system is a pair of B & W 804d speakers, Musical Fidelity m6500i Integrated amp and a Rotel RCD1510 cd player. I am using a Chord Hugo DAC as my headphone stage (And DAC).

I am about to purchase the 2 PS Audio products but am also inclined to purchase the Musical Fidelity M6SCD Cd player and the Chord Hugo TT. The financial outlay is roughly the same however, I am caught between matching my cd player to the amp or the cd player to the DAC.

Any thoughts/ideas would be much appreciated.

Rob

...as I work for PS, but that pairing has been raved about by Steve Hoffman on his forums, and by Chris Martens in Hi-Fi+. They're both ranked Class A+ in Stereophile Recommended Components, for the second year. Individually, there are a zillion reviews of those two online--look at the PS site for links.

Just sayin'. ;->

40-year veteran of the audio biz/Director of Marketing, PS Audio

Editor, Copper.

• 2 months later...
I own a DS. And for my transport I use an Oppo 103 with a Vanity HD card installed. I've never compared this to using PS Audio's own transport, but I love the fact that I can play any spinning media (including SACDs), any USB media, and some streaming media all from one source.

Keep watching. ;->

Editor, Copper.

• 9 months later...
Keep watching. ;->

Our new transport, the DirectStream Memory Player, will output raw DSD via a secure I2S connection to our DirectStream and DSJ DACs.

You can see and hear it at RMAF; we'll be in room 1107 (top floor of the Tower, directly across from the elevator). The new Memory Player will be used in a system with our DirectStream DAC, BHK Signature preamp, BHK Signature 300 mono amps, and Scaena loudspeakers. As always, multiple P10 Power Plants will supply clean AC for the system.

See you at the show!

Editor, Copper.