IGNORED

"Audiophile" deniers...

徐中銳

At 1:45, WTF was that guy doing to the camera lens?

that, sir, right there, together with “i like the gear”, are crimes punishable by cruel and unusual actions visited upon an inevitably limpid body by an unhinged 300-pound MMA fighter.

retribution is likely to be financed by contributions from photographers worldwide (especially nikon shooters). naturally, said proceedings and outcome will be artfully photographed and videographed in 4K. and posted on the www.

there is an unspoken rule:

a photographer has the right to handle his/her canon 70-200L in unique manners. but, privately, please.

« Some a[ttendees' date= exhibitors, and members of the press... at the New York Audio Show 2013] are afraid to admit it... » :

If you are interested in music and the equipment that records and plays it back, you are an audiophile by definition! I know, that I am. I have lots of interests, but audio has been my overwhelming passion since I was 10 years old!

George

well dude,

we ride them, you know ;)

And before we can ride them, we mount them.

Dave, whose screen name here is Cycleman for a reason and on group rides likes to regather people by calling out "Mount your ponies"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I would say so, nothing more, nothing less.

Keeping it short and simple' date=' an « audiophile » is a [b']discerning listener[/b] ?

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Hey r_w :)

Incidentally, I may as well fully quote what I've meant by « an accurate picture » :

What I usually say is that they're not phrasing the question the right way. I mean, people should not be asking me or anyone else where to turn for an accurate picture of things: they should be asking themselves that. So someone can ask me what reflects my interpretation of the way things are, and I can tell them where they can get material that looks at the world the way I think it ought to be looked at—but then they have to decide whether or not that's accurate. Ultimately it's your own mind that has to be the arbiter: you've got to rely on your own common sense and intelligence, you can't rely on anyone else for the truth.

So the answer I give is, I think the smartest thing to do is to read everything you read—and that includes what I write, I would always tell people this—skeptically. And in fact, an honest writer will try to make it clear what his or her biases are and where the work is starting from, so that then readers can compensate—they can say, "This person's coming from over here, and that's the way she's looking at the world, now I can correct for what may well be her bias; I can decide for myself whether what she's telling me is accurate, because at least she's making her premises clear." And people should do that. You should start by being very skeptical about anything that comes to you from any sort of power system—and about everything else too. You should be skeptical about what I tell you—why should you believe a word of it? I got my own ax to grind. So figure it out for yourself. There really is no other answer.

Does it matter who I'm quoting ?

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

All any of us should be doing is learning how to optimise our systems to enable us to enjoy music even more.

We should learn from those who appear to have good knowledge/experience(s) and try to recreate a few suggested experiments and of course help others to benefit for our good and bad experiences, but ultimately our own ears are 'absolute king' when it comes to who is right or wrong with our experienceswith our own systems.

Most people on here are 'discerning listeners' who want to acquire knowledge and share it.

;-)

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Most people...

:) Recalling the accompanying quote to my previous quote :

Interviewer:

....You're very patient with people, particularly people who ask the most inane kinds of questions. Is this something you've cultivated?

Reply:

First of all, I'm usually fuming inside, so what you see on the outside isn't necessarily what's inside. But as far as questions, the only thing I ever get irritated about is elite intellectuals, the stuff they do I do find irritating. I shouldn't. I should expect it. But I do find it irritating. But on the other hand, what you're describing as inane questions usually strike me as perfectly honest questions. People have no reason to believe anything other than what they're saying. If you think about where the questioner is coming from, what the person has been exposed to, that's a very rational and intelligent question. It may sound inane from some other point of view, but it's not at all inane from within the framework in which it's being raised. It's usually quite reasonable. So there's nothing to be irritated about.

You may be sorry about the conditions in which the questions arise. The thing to do is to try to help them get out of their intellectual confinement, which is not just accidental...

And here's another audiophile denier, also published by Stereophile, of Jared Sacks' DSD Present and Future :
My problem is that I'm a musician first. I enjoy the challenge of striving to get the best quality in a recording, and also in playback. But I'm not an audiophile.

To me, an audiophile recording refers to certain labels where they put the microphone above the bridge or above the hammers of the piano so they can capture that sound. I'm not interested in that. You have to hear the overtones, you have to hear how it mixes together, and you need distance for that. Of course, it's all taste.

I would never say that Channel Classics is an audiophile label. I'm just happy to be using DSD technology, because then the technology is no longer in the way of listening to the music. That enables you to listen to the emotion, because it's all about the emotion.

sacks.promo__0.jpg

One must realise and adjust to who's definition...

«

an accurate picture

• 8 months later...

« Despite living in a digital world, Allen Chiang embraces the art of our analog past. He has a busy hobby of restoring and selling vintage tube radios made prior to 1980. He’s basically a retro radio farmer. »

[video=youtube;7vtIh-SbuTg]

To contact him, his Facebook Page, Retro Radio Farm

«

an accurate picture

• 2 weeks later...

What is time ? I remember, relive many things, hear again...

Now, recalling that you're a double fraud :

Coming back to integrity-in-the-public-eye' date=' so, you're also the [b']SJK[/b] of #28 :
I couldn't agree more. I have three brothers. One of them is the family historian, another a lawyer who is a litigious jerk. We don't care what the jerk does, but the historian and keeper of records is very concerned that whatever he does that hits the international news (and has) is something that present and future generations will always have access to. We're not happy about that, but by being either "StephenJK" or "SJK" nobody will ever know.

The reason many of us prefer not to use real names is precisely because of how the Internet works. I've come under attack on the internet before for reasons not related to anything I've posted.

So, I'm not particularly interested to exposing personal details so that "anyone" on the globe can have access to them. I don't have a problem with regular posters here knowing my indentity - in a PM.

Well, readers « will [now] know. »

«

an accurate picture

Oh dear. The quasi-sin of "bumping" is not related to the use of true name, pen name or screen name.

You can thank me later.

Call it what it is - a cry for attention. Best ignored.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

Boy' date=' that Wilhelm is one eliptical dude. Is pot legal in NZ? Kaiser Willie either smokes too much or not enough![/quote']

Whoever's queen you might be, your flattering proposals of drugs and drinks are futile, you won't be mine.

Having resided in several foreign countries over the years, I know how hard it is to communicate. I only have the deepest respect for anyone attempts to learn and use a foreign language. That said, Kaiser Willi sometimes sounds if he has had a gargle or two of an adult beverage before he hits the computer. I wonder what his favorite libation is?

Yeah, his game was over, a long time ago ; readers easily see through their clique's loneliness, cloaked in...

Call it what it is - a cry for attention. Best ignored.

Oh dear. The quasi-sin of "bumping" is not related to the use of true name, pen name or screen name.

You can thank me later.

A key performance :

Or :[video=youtube;lan-UQfN0zs]

«

an accurate picture