IGNORED

Apple iPhone Remote

Audio_ELF

Hi everyone ...

Either I'm being daft and missed a setting, or do other people find it frustrating that the iPhone iTunes remote control lists every artist and doesn't hide those that only exisit as part of a compilation?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

First, I'm still using iTunes 8.

I see the same phenomenon. For example, I have an Alison Krauss CD that has songs by just her, as well as songs with other artists with her. iTunes imported it as a compilation. In Remote, I see an entry for her alone, an entry for her + artist A, and an entry for her + artist B. Just as Gracenote tagged the songs when I burned the CD in Itunes. I've gone in and manually changed the artist to just Alison Krauss for simplicity so that's now the only artist in Remote. I just have to remember the other artists when I hear their voices.

Thanks to you both for replying. To be honest I though it was just how the iTunes Remote worked (and for that matter "iPod" on the iPhone). My preference would be to hide the artists that are only in compilations, but I guess each to their own. My solution is to use "search" if I'm looking for a specific artist now as it gets me there quicker.

Eon - your "issue' with albums containing tracks by "guest" artists: my solution to that is to name give the tracks all the same artist (i.e. Allison Krauss) and then put "[with other artist]" after the track title - I find that the best of both worlds. Also (I think) when using search for "other artist" it will find the artists name after the track title so will find tracks this way.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.