IGNORED

Good Recording of Meatloaf "Bat Out of Hell"?

One of my favorite guilty pleasures. I have an ACC version downloaded from iTunes. It sounds fine on headphones, but when I play it through my speakers it's just empty and disappointing.

I thought about the 24/96 version from HD Tracks -- But I'm reading that it's not much better than CD quality. And that the CD quality just isn't very good to begin with because the original mastering was weak.

Any thoughts?

One of my favorite guilty pleasures. I have an ACC version downloaded from iTunes. It sounds fine on headphones, but when I play it through my speakers it's just empty and disappointing.

I thought about the 24/96 version from HD Tracks -- But I'm reading that it's not much better than CD quality. And that the CD quality just isn't very good to begin with because the original mastering was weak.

Any thoughts?

I agree with that assessment. The 24/96 is not good. "Empty" is a good description of this recording. But its "Bat Out of Hell" so I had buy it. A lot of good times in school were had while listening to this album.

Dave

... Dave's not here

System: Mcintosh MC302 / Parasound P5 / Monitor Audio G60

Computer: Mac Mini 2012, SSD, 16gig, 10.10.3 with CAD 1.3 / External SSD via Thunderbolt / Amarra 3.0.3

Cables: iFi Gemini Duel Head USB Cable / Uptone Regen / Acoustic Zen / Unity Audio PC's

Hate to say this but your best bet may be vinyl. Agree, the CD sounds awful.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

• 6 years later...