IGNORED

Tascam free Hi-Res Editor

Melvin

Tried it, and it works well. It deleted the original file's tags though.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Hello Melvin,

If you do not mind a touch OT, I use BitPerfect's DSDMaster. However, I believe it is limited to OSX. Excellent program. Having read some of the warnings, not prepared to find out what problems, if any, the Tascam product might introduce.

Best,

Richard

PS

Neglected to point out this conversion software is in one direction from DSD to PCM and with several format/SR options.

Hello Melvin,

If you do not mind a touch OT, I use BitPerfect's DSDMaster. However, I believe it is limited to OSX. Excellent program. Having read some of the warnings, not prepared to find out what problems, if any, the Tascam product might introduce.

Best,

Richard

PS

Neglected to point out this conversion software is in one direction from DSD to PCM and with several format/SR options.

Hi Richard .. I use DSDMaster as well (just putting it out there is all). BTW, the info on the Tascam overview page states conversion both ways (or did I misunderstand you?):

Product: TASCAM Hi-Res Editor | TASCAM

Hi Richard .. I use DSDMaster as well (just putting it out there is all). BTW, the info on the Tascam overview page states conversion both ways (or did I misunderstand you?):

Product: TASCAM Hi-Res Editor | TASCAM

No. I was referring to DSDMaster converting in only one direction. And, obviously, I wrote in an ambiguous communication. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Sorry for creating confusion. I was only referring to DSDMaster. Sorry, members.

Best,

Richard

No. I was referring to DSDMaster converting in only one direction. And, obviously, I wrote in an ambiguous communication. Thank you for pointing this out to me. Sorry for creating confusion. I was only referring to DSDMaster. Sorry, members.

Best,

Richard

Oh no doubt it's me. I think I'm in need of more sleep is all ;-)

Didn't recognize ALAC files.

You'll need to convert the ALAC files to WAV first as that is the only PCM file type it uses. From Page 4 of the owner's manual which is under the Help column.

Audio file formats

DSD: DSF (.dsf ), DSDIFF (.dff )

PCM: WAV (.wav)

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa