IGNORED

Article: My Lying Ears

do all bit-perfect units have the same analog section???

I don't know and I don't care in the slightest way.

Only clearly AUDIBLE results (beyond the mere placebo effect) interest me.

If not, I let the pros and cons and this and that for those who have made of their "hobby" an insane obsession, in place of a healthy attitude.

VenturaRV

I don't know and I don't care in the slightest way.

Only clearly AUDIBLE results (beyond the mere placebo effect) interest me.

If not, I let the pros and cons and this and that for those who have made of their "hobby" an insane obsession, in place of a healthy attitude.

VenturaRV

Right on the money my friend.

The ball remains in the subjective claimants court to provide REAL evidence to substantiate all the wild, delusional claims. "I heard it so it is real" is not evidence nor is it science.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I would personally call that Bull Corn. Most especially the nasty crack about not hearing differences because our systems are not "high end" enough.

There are just as many instances where normal speaker cable has been sneakily substituted for high end cable and the listeners could not tell the difference. Even some where the listeners picked the zip cord as being superior to the multi-thousand dollar cable. Those are *also* facts, and ignoring them is bad science.

Now understand, I have speaker cables that are relatively expensive, though not in the $1000/meter or above category. They make a difference - and I love 'em - but there are reasons they do, measurable reasons. Like Capacitance and design.

I will grant it may be possible some $30K/meter Fruity cables might be better than $60/meter speaker cable, but not $29,940 better. Not even in the highest high end system in existence. (Though to own that system, $30K is definitely chump change to you...)

All of which is mildly interesting to discuss. But being rude with judging other people by what you think they have listened to is definitely not the way to start that discussion.

Interesting that not once do I see you type that you have actually listened to a high end audio system. So any actual personal experience? But you do parrot what you've read. You really should seek out a high eng audio setup to listen to.

Interesting that not once do I see you type that you have actually listened to a high end audio system. So any actual personal experience? But you do parrot what you've read. You really should seek out a high eng audio setup to listen to.

Hi xyzzy1 - You seem to be on a roll tonight. I hope your not trolling, looking for an argument.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Interesting that not once did you type you've listened to a high end system.

Seriously, that's your reply? To who?

I any case do you think your the only monkey to ever listen to high end systems?

There are many of us here that were listening to SOTA audio when you were probably still wetting your diapers.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.