IGNORED

recording method vs sound reproduction

Yes, there was no other way to go. Here are the reasons why we had to go this way. This is the explanation from About - PlayClassics, the art of true music

Dear Mario Martinez,

your approach seems very interesting indeed and I would really like to hear how your recordings actually sound compared to several others where I have been at sessions and can later compare to the recorded result in HI RES PCM or DSD.

But why don't you offer your recordings as DOWNLOADS ??? And as masterfile downloads???

To me it seems as if you are wasting a lot of the advantage of your approach by actually not offering the recordings in the highest possible quality the resolution they were orginally recorded at!

I am very spoilt listening a lot to both live acoustic music and HI RES recordings, but I was very disappointed when I listened to a 24/96 recording at mp3 quality via my electrostatic speakers for the first time yesterday.

I simply can't understand why you waste the opportunity to offer high quality music and recordings by offering only low res streaming quality???

In my view streaming is for kids and pop rock crap and the same goes for mp3 IMO!

Most listeners and music lovers who like art music and classical DO NOT stream and do not download low res quality.

Porque?

Thank you very much for your feedback. We would love to offer these masterfiles to the public. We just need a little more time to figure out the best way to do it.

In the meantime, please go ahead and download this 24 bit 96 kHz version of the Albéniz "Iberia. Book 1. 3 El corpus en Sevilla." (346,2 MB)

http://www.playclassics.com/PlayClassics2496.wav.zip

Everybody is welcome to download the file :)

Thanks a lot Mario Martinez ,I have downloaded and listened two times via my electrostatic speakers to your 24/96 masterfile "El corpus en Sevilla."

I have to take your word about the acoustics of the venue since I haven't been there. But I can safely say that tonally and timbrally this is very much as I know a good piano sounds in a smallish a bit dryish acoustic.

You have managed to capture the percussive character of Albeniz's wonderful music and the register of a grand piano very realistically imho.

An intimate but not overclose ,very stable realistic size image where one does not have to listen to all the clutter and mechanical noises of the instrument but still get all the wonderful rich sonority of a grand piano very close to how it sounds live. I would love to hear more great music both well performed and recorded from you!

Contact a hi res download site like eClassical for example and make your recordings available there.

otra vez Muchas Gracias Chrille

PS great playing too who is the artist?

And I might add for those who don't know it yet: this is a Demonstration Quality Recording