IGNORED

iDSD Pro

4est

And the news is this: "a prototype of the Pro iDSD will be available for demo at this years RMAF". That's it for news on the Pro iDSD for now.

Well, that's something. I'll be at RMAF, so I'll have a look/listen and report anything of note.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Pretty much unchanged from before, at the US$2,000/Euro2,000. (Without and With tax respectively).

Wow!.. The first thing that has obviously evlved since the debut announcement of this dac two years ago is the price... Initially below 1000 lately 1500-2000 and a little before the release above 2000 (inc tax).

I dont mean to be sarcastic. Knowing what they are capable of being an owner of an i dsd micro I am very interested to see this pro dac and listen to It. They must have done quite a job to charge that much!..

Wow!.. The first thing that has obviously evlved since the debut announcement of this dac two years ago is the price... Initially below 1000 lately 1500-2000 and a little before the release above 2000 (inc tax).

I dont mean to be sarcastic. Knowing what they are capable of being an owner of an i dsd micro I am very interested to see this pro dac and listen to It. They must have done quite a job to charge that much!..

The Pro series is not the same as the original Mini series - which is what you refer to. Hence, the Pro iCAN is not the same as the Mini iCAN from back then. Hope this clarifies!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Hope everyone's having a good start to their week!

We just want you all to know that we are currently running a tour for our Pro iCAN, which we are organizing through Head-Fi.

If you're interested at all in spending some time with our flagship amplifier, be sure to check out the thread HERE!

If you're interested but don't have a Head-Fi account, feel free to contact us and we'll see what we can do for you!

In addition, we've announced some exciting news for RMAF and the upcoming months! So even if you're not looking to try the Pro iCAN, be sure to check the thread for all the latest and greatest!

Here's a sneak peek:

iCAN + iEnergiser.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Right, about that PRO iDSD thingy people talk about lately?

IT! IS! HEEEEREEEEE!

Well, almost. OK, as per usual, we can't give too much specifics, teasers will have to do the trick today... But let's take it one day at a time and dang, things are going to get heavy. Stay with us just a little longer!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29563[/ATTACH]

Juicy details are to be served very soon. In the meantime, ENJOY!

And if you feel like it, here's the official thread:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f30-abbingdon-music-research-ifi-audio-sponsored/ifi-audio-pro-idsd-official-thread-its-happening-folks-30086/#post588794

RMAF has come and gone and it seems we don't know any more. I was assuming that if a demo unit was going to be shown at RMAF that we would have some kind of information, but seems not.

We wish we could share with you all juicy details right now, but these will be served once we're ready. Rest assured, you'll get lots of information once right time comes, as per usual with us!

Let us just add that if there is a real product, things are in good shape and finishing line can be seen. Stay strong, we'll deliver!

I think there's an extra "if" you want to delete there.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume you've been asked this, so apologies: I have the micro idsd, and am starting to lose the fever for the pro version. I have been looking at the mytek brooklyn as an alternative. I know you have the brooklyn, and I think also the micro. Which gets more playtime? Is the brooklyn worth getting if I already have the micro? Also, do you have any reason to think the pro will feature a phono input? Thanks!

If you ask me which one is the better dac the Brooklyn by far Betters The IDsd micro in every aspect as It should being four times more expensive and incorporates a phono stage as good as the dac. However that does not mean that the idsd micro is not an exellent machine giving too much for It's price performancewise included, It just doesnt need an expensive Hi - End system to be fully apreciated.

With the iDsd pro right around the corner I would wait a couple of months If I were you and give It a chance since there is no evidence It will not deliver the goods expected from such a high class device the micro is evidencethat It will. So yes the Mytek Brooklyn is fantastic. That does not mean the iDsd pro will not be as well. So unless MQA compatibility and a high level phono stage are not too high in your priority list I would advise you to wait and if possible demo them both so that you make the optimum choice for your Tastes and needs.

Did you call to see when it will be released? Also, link shows wrong picture?

No, I did not call, just reporting what the 2017 Music Direct Catalog had in it... I would hope the iFi Pro iDSD DAC would come out sometime in the first part of 2017... The iFi Pro iDSD DAC is the top unit in the rack setup...

Thanks. Picture makes sense now. Looks really nice, just got an iCan pro and waiting for it to arrive.

Does Music Direct negotiate at all on prices? Hopefully Adorama will carry the Pro iDSD as they are known to have sales. Can't really justify the price at $1999, but I really love my ifi iDSD for portable listening. Can only think the Pro iDSD will be killer.

Anyone looking for an ifi Pro iCan and LCD-3, here is the deal it got (not sure how long the deal will last):

AUDEZE LCD-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones with Case, Leather W/iFi Pro iCAN Ampflf LCD3-L-ZW-TC G

No, I did not call, just reporting what the 2017 Music Direct Catalog had in it... I would hope the iFi Pro iDSD DAC would come out sometime in the first part of 2017... The iFi Pro iDSD DAC is the top unit in the rack setup...