IGNORED

iDSD Pro

4est

Agreed!

iFi, how about an update? The only reason I have not bought an Yggy yet is because I'm waiting for the iDSD Pro. How much longer? Thanks.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

iFi, how about an update? The only reason I have not bought an Yggy yet is because I'm waiting for the iDSD Pro. How much longer? Thanks.

We really appreciate your waiting for the Pro iDSD. The Pro iCAN will launch at the end of Feb. The Pro iDSD is expected in May/June. There is some nice new tech that is not public yet and we wish to incorporate it. Until it is soup, we wish to stay mum.

This is the flagship (except for the AMR stuff) so we will only release it when we know there is nothing quite like it.

Thanks.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

It's really a difficult birth: I hope to still be alive and to have all the necessary money when they will decide to sell it... ;)
The Pro iDSD is expected in May/June. There is some nice new tech that is not public yet and we wish to incorporate it. Until it is soup, we wish to stay mum.

Last summer I took the decision to upgrade my dac with the iDSD pro in mind.. Having realized that I was in for a 6 month wait (last deadline was late 2015 early 2016) i tried to be patient but seeing no concrete developments at the beginning of fall and with the danger of an unprofitable price drop in the resale of my then owned dac with no apparent light in the horizon, I succumbed to the competition taking the "risk" of missing something special by my impatience.. With the latest announcements I have been proven wrong to worry and right to take the plunge..

I realize that making a Dac competitive In this ferocious price range is by no means an easy feat. I also recognize that the introduction of something really special and matured should be any manufacturer's priority.. Unfortunately the buzz and informational hide and seek about the ifi i DSD pro is taking too long and there is a significant danger it might badly shake the innovation potential this ever delayed release promises..

To cut a long story short the rest of the competition is already setting a foothold in the market while this damn soup is getting rather cold. I do hope it is rather tasty when it cooks.. It's going to need It..

I'll include myself in the club of hopeful waiters... :) Given that I have a fair amount of DSD material (and a very large library of yet unripped SACDs), I'm hoping that the Pro iDSD is the sonic equivalent of Schitt's Yggdrasil but for those of us who use HQPlayer to convert everything to DSD256. But I also recognize that at a $1,500 to $2k price point, you can't really afford to misfire (unlike the Nano and Micro product lines, where you keep iterating and improving, but the lower price points allow for much more trial and error). I guess it is possible that the competition keeps improving at a rate where iFi decides they simply can't distance themselves enough sonically to make the product the kind of success that the iDSD Nano and Micro have been at their respective price points.

The one thing I'd love to see iFi consider is adding the technology necessary to allow the Pro to function as an HQPlayer NAA. I know that will add something to the cost, but to the extent that most of us who are DSD-centric are also HQP fans, having a DAC that could just be connected via an Ethernet port and potentially avoid all the USB issues would be extemely interesting. Given the growing interest in the Tidal/Roon/HQPlayer combination, it would both be a killer product for that crowd and potentially a very interesting competitor for the MQA approach.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Given the growing interest in the Tidal/Roon/HQPlayer combination, it would both be a killer product for that crowd and potentially a very interesting competitor for the MQA approach.

If the iDSD Pro does not surpass the sound quality of MQA processed audio, iFi will be in serious trouble. :)

Hi,

Absolutely. We will collate all your comments and forward them onto R&D.

All your feedback is very much appreciated. So do keep 'em coming.

Excellent. Having heard the iFi Pro iCan at RMAF in October, I'm definitely interested in what the Pro iDSD brings to the party!

• 2 weeks later...
@AMR/iFi audio

Can we purchase your products, here in Europe, after Brexit? ;)

iDSD Nano, iDSD Micro and iDAC2 are available online at the Native DSD Gear Store in the Netherlands.

They include some free DSD Downloads with purchase.

https://www.nativedsdgear.com/products/ifi-nano-idsd-hd-usb-dac

https://www.nativedsdgear.com/products/ifi-micro-idsd-hd-usb-dac

https://www.nativedsdgear.com/products/ifi-micro-idac2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked already or is common knowledge but what do you expect to set the MSRP of the iDSD Pro DAC? Or at least an about would be helpful.

And is it still expected to be "soup" around May?

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

HELLO, anybody home?!

Sorry if this has been asked already or is common knowledge but what do you expect to set the MSRP of the iDSD Pro DAC? Or at least an about would be helpful.

And is it still expected to be "soup" around May?

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Hi,

The iCAN Pro is out early April.

The iDSD Pro is not imminent. The iDSD Pro is expected in June. It is possible that the prototype makes it for Munich in May.

The MSRP is still at the moment expected to be US$2,000 (ex-tax) but this is our best guess until the features are confirmed.

On the marketing side, the full specs are not released to us until close to the launch - like the iCAN Pro we have had to wait.

Cheers.

Hi,

The iDSD Pro is not imminent. The iDSD Pro is expected in June. It is possible that the prototype makes it for Munich in May.

The MSRP is still at the moment expected to be US$2,000 (ex-tax) but this is our best guess until the features are confirmed.

On the marketing side, the full specs are not released to us until close to the launch - like the iCAN Pro we have had to wait.

Cheers.

Thank you. The iDSD Pro is a better fit for my use. Hopefully it will stay on track with both anticipated price and release date.

Is there a way to get updates as to the iDSD Pro progress? Such as an email list to register or a forum to join, etc ?

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Hi,

Any chance that the iDSD Pro prototype will be shown at The Show Newport in May ?

• 5 weeks later...

IFI Team, it has been over one month since you posted anything to this thread and exactly one month since bmoura asked a question that you never replied to. My guess is that 'the soup' still isn't ready and so you have nothing to report. I hope that's not the case but, either way, I would appreciate an update on the iDSD Pro. Thanks.

iFi USA

Official distribution handover

iFi.jpg

Southport, UK – 18th April 2016

iFi has taken over distribution from Avatar Acoustics.

AMR/iFi would like to thank Avatar Acoustics for their immense contribution since 2007. The new launches, product awards and national dealer network is second-to-none. Avatar Acoustics will always remain much respected.

iFi USA; a wholly-owned subsidiary of AMR/iFi will handle the expanding retail network and all the demands hitherto required of such a major operation. It is fully committed to serving our customers as we enter the next growth phase.

For further details, please email [email protected]

Hi.

We are aiming for Munich but we shall update if the prototype will be present or not. The iCan Pro will be however.

Cheers

Any plans to put the iCan Pro up on your website soon? People are already talking about it but seems rather unofficial until it's on your site. Part of your suspense building strategy perhaps? It's definitely working.

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II

Any plans to put the iCan Pro up on your website soon? People are already talking about it but seems rather unofficial until it's on your site. Part of your suspense building strategy perhaps? It's definitely working.

Hi,

We are rolling out the Pro iCAN as we speak. The Pro iDSD is likely to be July.

There are features that are not on the market yet that we are testing and if we can put it in, we shall. Though we may not be able to put it in.

Thanks,

Well Topsin I have been fortunate to have it here for testing and it is a great product in every sense.

A beautifully built and wonderfully sounding headamp. Unfortunately it goes back next week