IGNORED

Hello to everyone

Dear all,

From everyone here at AMR/iFi audio, we would like to extend a warm welcome.

While there will of course be the expected discussion of AMR/iFi products and related, we will also try to share our thoughts/experiences on all things audio (and somethings non-audio too as our DNA means we have a somewhat dry sense of humour).

Our core belief is that audio is subjective - there is no 'right' nor 'wrong', so we hope everyone is able to empathise with this viewpoint. This ethos is in keeping with the spirit of Computer Audiophile and we hope to continue this tradition.

We will not be here every hour of every day - but we shall try our utmost. Please be patient and if we missed a question, do feel free to PM or email us.

Thank you very much,

Staff and directors at AMR/iFi audio

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

From everyone here at AMR/iFi audio, we would like to extend a warm welcome.

Likewise!

Big fan of Thorsten and of the AMR/iFi team here.

P.S. I must have been the first to discover that Eater Egg for the v5 firmware :P

Hope Thorsten posts more often here.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Welcome iFi!

Customer and fan here!

I've been reading your very informative (and comical ;-) ) threads and posts on head-fi and enjoy them too! thanks for the freebies to by the way :) I'm sure you'll do the same here and become very popular amongst the CA community! Although we are more mature (imo) we do like a laugh and a joke too :-D

Btw nice Easter egg! caught me out on that one grz pulling it off!

Welcome to the forum!

What's the approach at AMR regarding DSD? I find it interesting that in the iFi line you guys are leaders in DSD, but in you hi-end line you haven't introduced it yet. Will a future AMR DAC incorporate DSD playback?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

My DP 777 has been upgraded to SE lately, but the golden "Signature Edition" sticker was missing when it returned. My dealer said the sticker is not included in the upgrade kit, only available on new SE device. Is it true or was mine just missing in the upgrade kit?

Hi,

VERY good question.

As you may have noticed, with products such as the micro iDSD which has native DSD512/PCM768, we continue to push the boundaries of what is technologically possible. And you saw the different 'flavours' of firmware announced last week.

Well, the AMR units WILL see DSD 'trickled-up' but only once we see a slowdown in the breakneck pace of DSD developments. There are things we are eager to announce (but cannot at this moment in time divulge as it isnt a solid). This ties in with the Pro iDSD which is coming. When that is out, things will become more apparent as to why we have kept 'mum' and the AMR components have yet to see DSD. A lot of what the Pro iDSD has will be trickled-up to AMR.

Please bear with us - we hope you will find 'them' a nice surprise.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Hello from a big fan of Ifi/AMR and owner of Idsd micro. Nice to have an exclusively Ifi place in this big forum.

I also own a gemini USB cable which impressively transformed/improved the usb2 Input of my Mytek192 and made me a believer a big fan of yours and an Ifi ambassador to everyone I know.

I am one of the many eagerly anticipating the pro line as I have stated In another thread In this Ifi sector. Happy to have you here..

• 4 weeks later...

I love the sound of my ifi DSD Micro - MacMini 2012 i7.

Just need some advice on playback hi resolution tracks - using JRiver 21, just need to get DSD out when the original is DSD and PCM out when the original is PCM; So far the software seems to convert and downsample with a disappointing result.

Suggestions?