IGNORED

AURALIC Aries Freezing mid stream

Hi,

My Aries has been acting up. Won't let me listen to an entire album without freezing and becoming unresponsive. I am forced to manually unplugged it and restart. However, the problem persists. I've tried factory reset a few times, no dice.

I use the JS2 to power the Aries, i've tried to swap it out for original power, but that didn't make any difference. I removed REGEN amber from the chain... nothing.

I am streaming from a NAS via FMC(2), so WiFi isn't at play. I was thinking to remove the fmcs from the chain, but streaming from Tidal works with no freezing.

I've contact Chris at Auralic support and he is recommending bringing the unit back to my dealer... but that's a pain because i purchased it in NYC and now live in Miami.

Maybe it's something with my HD on NAS? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Udi

Hi Udi,

If you suspect a faulty drive on your NAS, or even the NAS itself, then try test streaming from another device on the network, eg, a computer. You should easily be able to install the excellent free Minimserver UPnP media server on a computer and build a small test music library from some of your music files copied to that same computer's storage drive.

If streaming from the test music library on the computer works without freezing for the same audio file album tracks that were freezing when streaming from the NAS, then you've got more reason to suspect an issue with the NAS.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hi Udi,

If you suspect a faulty drive on your NAS, or even the NAS itself, then try test streaming from another device on the network, eg, a computer. You should easily be able to install the excellent free Minimserver UPnP media server on a computer and build a small test music library from some of your music files copied to that same computer's storage drive.

If streaming from the test music library on the computer works without freezing for the same audio file album tracks that were freezing when streaming from the NAS, then you've got more reason to suspect an issue with the NAS.

John

Thanks. I just tried using Lightening server instead of minimserver and the issue persist. Now i am listening to external SSD via USB to Aries... so far so good. If all signs point to HD/NAS, any suggestions on how to isolate the issue further?