IGNORED

Amarra Issues

cfmsp

I've got the same sort of problems - now running iTunes 9 with Snow Leopard and Amarra 3177. Since changing to SL i've had Amarra just quit for no reason - with Leopard and 3177 no issues. Others are as above - it'll go onto a new track, no sound and then about 10 seconds later it starts playing. Other times no sound until i've selected another track from another album.

I'm very pleased with what Amarra does for SQ - but not quite so happy that at this stage its still rather buggy. Sonic were very helpful when i had early problems with Amarra (remote login from Jon) but there seems to be a lack of information coming out on new releases, bug fixes etc. Other than that, Amarra and Weiss is an awesome combination.

James

Weiss & Naim

I cannot get Amarra Full version 1.1 (3189) to work. Uninstalled preferences, the program, and repaired permissions. Still a no go. I had a heck of a time getting 3187 to work.

I guess 1.1 still has some bugs.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

Did you run the uninstall command in the Amarra Extras folder?

There's also a Delete Preferences command.

After these, dump the entire Amarra folder in the trash, and then install the new version.

I've installed most of the versions between 3178 and the latest (3189) using this procedure and NEVER had a problem.

Cheers,

Clay