IGNORED

ISO to DSF

Has anyone heard of the Audiophile Inventory Converter?

Yes, the developer, Yuri, participates here. He goes by @audiventory.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Anybody have recommendations for a Mac OS iso to dsf converter?

Besides the Mac version of iso2dsd, I like TraX. Besides being able to extract DSF files, it can also convert iso's to a variety of other formats with good results, IMO.

--David

Edit: Changed name of iso2dsd to be correct.

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Hi, guys! Does anybody know why iso2dsd adds a few seconds of silence in the beginning of the first track when extracting SACD ISOs to DSF (or DFF for that matter)? The track actually starts at 00:02 or 00:03 instead of, say, 00:00. It's quite annoying. I'd like to figure it out before extracting some more ISOs. Thanks

Besides the Mac version of iso2dsd, I like TraX. Besides being able to extract DSF files, it can also convert iso's to a variety of other formats with good results, IMO.

--David

Edit: Changed name of iso2dsd to be correct.

Trax looks good for bulk conversions. Thanks for the suggestions!

Have you purchased a license?

2012 Mac Mini, i5 - 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM. SSD,  PM/PV software, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre 4 channel interface. Daysequerra M4.0X Broadcast monitor., My_Ref Evolution rev a , Klipsch La Scala II, Blue Sky Sub 12

Clarett used as ADC for vinyl rips.

Corning Optical Thunderbolt cable used to connect computer to 4Pre. Dac fed by iFi iPower and Noise Trapper isolation transformer. 

Hi, guys! Does anybody know why iso2dsd adds a few seconds of silence in the beginning of the first track when extracting SACD ISOs to DSF (or DFF for that matter)? The track actually starts at 00:02 or 00:03 instead of, say, 00:00. It's quite annoying. I'd like to figure it out before extracting some more ISOs. Thanks

A dff/dsf derived dsd file, as did the edited master it's from, always begins 2 seconds prior to the Track 01 marker, which is what all those automatic slice programs use (track markers). To remove it requires a DAW like pyramix, and then re-rendering in DSD to extract.

Some ISO albims contains DC bias thru full album. DC bias smooth increased in first track. And smooth decreased to zero in last track.

Read more here How convert ISO to DSF WAV FLAC AIFF without clicks. User manual

I think, possibly remove certain length since begin first track during ISO conversion.

However, need avoid possible click in begin. I.e. first track will converted with DSP (not bit perfect) anyway.

Of course, such DSP lesser impact to record quality comparing with mixing.

Need learn more, but possibly will need convert rest tracks in non bit perfect mode.

Especially if converted uninterrupted album like live concert. There need switch to True gapless conversion mode even for unchanged sample rate.

In settings possibly append cutting length parameter. User can manually adjust cutted length.

Removing 2 second of first track is really so annoying that need remove it?

Really need add such function?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Some ISO albims contains DC bias thru full album. DC bias smooth increased in first track. And smooth decreased to zero in last track.

I think, possibly remove certain length since begin first track during ISO conversion.

However, need avoid possible click in begin. I.e. first track will converted with DSP (not bit perfect) anyway.

Of course, such DSP lesser impact to record quality comparing with mixing.

Need learn more, but possibly will need convert rest tracks in non bit perfect mode.

Especially if converted uninterrupted album like live concert. There need switch to True gapless conversion mode even for unchanged sample rate.

In settings possibly append cutting length parameter. User can manually adjust cutted length.

Removing 2 second of first track is really so annoying that need remove it?

I yesturday checked 2 second of begin in SACD ISO ripped track. There are zero level that removed without problem and additional DSP.

That option already released in last beta of AuI ConverteR (will published in next update).

Possibly for some ISO will exist problem of removing first 2 second.

For this case I added switch on/off removing pause and length of removed in milliseconds.

settings-iso-settings.png

Also added removing click option for begin first track only. It allow fix first click (if it appear after removing).

settings-remove-first-click.png

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Now AuI ConverteR 48x44 able skip pause in begin of first track extracted from ISO. Possibly adjust skiped time with millisecond precision. How do it see here How remove pause from beging first track extracted from ISO