IGNORED

Article: Amarra For Tidal Review

Not worth the time to argue with subjective audiophiles, thousands more pages of fantasy have been wasted then ever should.

In the end it all come down to money, bet sure you get yourself one of them $3K power cables too. LOL

And no one can help one who is seriously misinformed about digital technology, resampling,noise shaping, so on. If you can't hear differences, and won't bother, "LOL" will not help you either and you've proven nothing at all except that your mind is closed and obviously you can't afford high end equipment. Bits are indeed bits. Until one or more bit is mis-timed. And then the bits are still bits, but sound different, one from the other. And it is not up to the experienced to prove anything to you with words. Words cannot prove anything. Except ignorance... in your case.

And no one can help one who is seriously misinformed about digital technology, resampling,noise shaping, so on. If you can't hear differences, and won't bother, "LOL" will not help you either and you've proven nothing at all except that your mind is closed and obviously you can't afford high end equipment. Bits are indeed bits. Until one or more bit is mis-timed. And then the bits are still bits, but sound different, one from the other. And it is not up to the experienced to prove anything to you with words. Words cannot prove anything. Except ignorance... in your case.

And the bull continues on. Until you can offer more proof to support your subjective claims they will forever be exactly what they are, strictly your opinion, and about as far away from a scientific fact as you can get.

There are many people that hear things too that don't exist, the Dr's call them schizophrenic.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 2 months later...
Have you done a comparison of the data stream between the Amarra and Tidals factory player?

If they are delivering the same data (and they should) to Auralic DAC any difference you are hearing is fantasy.

i just downloaded Amarra for Tidal after I discovered that it had a remote app. I was actually going to buy the Auralic streamer to get that function since Audirvana is late to the party and the Tidal app does not support a remote app or the Apple Remote that works with iTunes. Using Amarra, listening fatigue was almost immediate. I played the same slections from Tidal using their app on my MacBook Pro and it sounded just fine. Not what I expected.