IGNORED

A+ syncing

My A+ library got corrupted so I replaced the 3 files in App's support area and when I tried to sync the external HD to A+ it didn't bring over the folders just kA the tracks.

OK getting folders now but a lot of them are duplicated and A+ is also pulling up all the iLife sounds.

iLife? Which folder are syncing?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

I'm syncing the external HD on my desktop that has all my music in it.

Try synching *just* the directories that hold you music, e.g.:

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 3.27.36 PM.png

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

in iTunes, I thought A+ had it's own library?

That's just an example - you can point Audirvana Plus to *any* folder(s) where you store music. All I'm saying is don't try to import your whole hard drive, limit it to only the folders where you actually have music.

Here's another example, from my MacMini server:

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 4.50.34 PM.png

Again, don't get hung up on the "iTunes" bit - that's just the name of the volume I'm storing my files on. Just trying to show you can point to any number of directories where you store music. But selecting a whole drive will take forever to scan, and will get you files you don't need (like the iLife samples you noted earlier).

Also, be sure not to add duplicates to Audirvana! I saw an entry the other day where someone was trying to import their whole drive (e.g., "\") *and* their music directory on the same drive (e.g., "\<username>\Music"). Since Audirvana will search the entire directory tree, you can see this setup would add all the files in the "Music" directory twice - perhaps how some people are getting duplicate listings?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Thanks, but like I said this is an external HD on with my music on it. No system stuff. I'll try again your way. I keep getting this other related issue. One CD (folder) I keep getting duplicate tracks jus of that one CD I ripped. and another issue. I had4 separate CD's like "the best of" and I labeled each 1,2,3,4 and for some reason even though #3 is on the HD it won't import it just 1,2,and 4 weird?

Had to ask: have you double checked meta data? Removed cue files? If your CD #3 is missing tags it is imported but shown without artist etc, hence “invisable”.

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

No meta data at all? If so, there is your problem.

Quite confused now. Some questions:

1. Are you syncing the entire disk or a specific folder on the disk?

2. Your music file are correctly tagged with meta data (don’t rely on cue files).

I'm reserving all music to m HD and making sure I have cue file with each. My external HD is 4TB so I think maybe I should reformat it and make partition just for other stuff not music and have 2TB's just for music. Will A+ recognize a partition?

Cue files are not really relevant for A+.

I'm reserving all music to m HD and making sure I have cue file with each. My external HD is 4TB so I think maybe I should reformat it and make partition just for other stuff not music and have 2TB's just for music. Will A+ recognize a partition?

1. create a new “root” directory in your external HDD. name it “X_Files" or whatever.
  2. drag/copy music files/folders you want Audi+ to play into this directory.
  3. to prevent duplicates, copy only one copy of each file/folder.
  4. make sure metadata are all good and proper. otherwise, Audi+ may/may not list songs/albums properly.
  5. “point” Audi+ to the “X_Files” = concept of one directory to rule them all.
  6. to expand music collection for Audi+ in future, drag or duplicate files/folders into the “X_Files”.

...do not point Audi+ towards your Mac's default Users>YourName>Music folder.

whenever one intentionally/accidentally previews/plays a new song/album with iTunes, it tends to auto-create a folder in Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Music. that will subsequently lead to Audi+ registering/showing a second copy of the song/album in its interface = duplicate listings.

cheers.

you are welcome.

yes, only launch Audi+.

option if you wish to use iTunes to listen to music:

copy (instead of drag) music files/folders from Music>iTunes>iTunes Media>Music (or any other locations you may have specified in iTunes) into the root directory created specifically for Audi+. copying = all music files in iTunes data base(s) should not be affected in any way. so, again, please do not point Audi+ to this/these folder(s) or look forward to duplicate listings aplenty.

with one specific root directory + proper meta-tagging, one should see all the albums/songs copied from iTunes listed on the Audi+ album/song interface. to see metadata, hit command+i.

so long as one does not keep 2 or more copies of a song or album in any sub-folder(s) within the specific Audi+ root directory, one should not suffer duplicate listings.

if you are still seeing double in any Audi+ album view: hit command+i. metadata pane will show location of source files. launch finder. go to relevant folders. delete unnecessary copies. Audi+ will refresh, hopefully with singular listings.

cheers.

OK your suggestion about creating a root folder on my external HD is working fine except I made one folder for Eric Clapton Hits and designer (i'm a graphic designer) a neat graphic for it and dropped about 12 diff files in it but A+ only see's one file, How can I fix this?