IGNORED

Izotope with Ayre qb9 dsd

Kugel

Actually - none.

I spent months fiddling with all the settings. None seemed quite right - you win something, you loose something else. Going back to upsampling none always sound more natural and relaxed with better front to back imaging. To my ears.

I think the QB-9 filter works a bit differently when it comes to phase response compared to most dacs. Since it can only handle 192 kHz, with upsampling you are aways listening to two consecutive filters. Not good.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Actually - none.

I spent months fiddling with all the settings. None seemed quite right - you win something, you loose something else. Going back to upsampling none always sound more natural and relaxed with better front to back imaging. To my ears.

I think the QB-9 filter works a bit differently when it comes to phase response compared to most dacs. Since it can only handle 192 kHz, with upsampling you are aways listening to two consecutive filters. Not good.

Hello,

So what you put in parameters iZotope ?

Thank you

My point was that I get better sound *without* iZotope. No upsampling at all.

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

I should add that upsampling to DSD in HQPlayer is a different matter. Now you don’t stack two filters, you are only listening to the software filter.

I should add that upsampling to DSD in HQPlayer is a different matter. Now you don’t stack two filters, you are only listening to the software filter.

You know of any way to use audirvana without izotope ? The other option is core audio

It’s simpler than that – just select Forced upsampling: None. This bypasses the settings above.

Since None is selected under Forced upsampling, none of the settings are in effect.

Screenshot 2014-06-22 12.18.18.png

Since None is selected under Forced upsampling, none of the settings are in effect.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20318[/ATTACH]

Ok , I have not put any upsampling , so did not know what the parameters of izotope is nullified . So it's like having no filter , I guess

Correct.

It would have been better if the Forced upsampling selector was placed as the first action.