IGNORED

QNAP TS231 or Synology DS215J?

OK folks, be gentle - this is my first foray into CA territory but I thought I post my question here as you Guys look to be the most well informed!

So QNAP or Synology?

Both can be had for around £130 here in the UK (plus disks) I just wondered if there were any reasons for one over the other for Music streaming (and other duties)? Are they both easy to use/setup? Is one better supported than the other? My networking abilities are very limited (setting up the PI was a struggle to be honest...), so go slow....

I plan to install Bubbleserver and I assume this could be done on either? My current Buffalo Linkstation Duo works ok but is not user friendly and I can't figure out how to add Bubble or Minim. I use bubbleUPNP on my android phone for control of the various streamers. I've got an Ipad and it would be nice to use Kinsky too where possible.

Streamers are currently Pioneer N50, Denon DNP 720 and Raspberry Pi/Hifiberry Dac. I've no immediate plan to upgrade but one day either a Linn or Naim solution beckons in my main system and I want to make sure whatever I get is future proof.

I'd like to access my FLAC files remotely when using wifi.

Any input most welcome from those with more experience than me!

Cheers

Moppit