IGNORED

any one have a photo of REGEN connection

You lost me here "it allows me to have balanced inputs and outputs with a switch to use single ended inputs from the Nano and balanced for the Ref 5. Another versatile piece of kit 8^). I've got a couple of Regen's and was using a double Regen into the Nano for a bit, it was pretty nice, definitely raised the bar on the Nano", now I'm really confused on weather to not to keep my B&K pre amp. I haven't even ordered the REGEN yet. As you can see from my photo's above that I'm lost. But with A+ it sounds much better than my old CD player but I'm getting duplicate files in A+ on every restart.

Go step by step from simple steps first.

No-one is telling you the Nano is better than your pre-amp, it's just that if you're using the Nano at a non max volume, then you're effectively doing pre-amp -> pre-amp, so two sonic signatures of two pre-amps before the amp stage, not ideal.

Don't get further confused by what Chris is describing.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Hey Now,

No, I DO USE a Parasound P3 pre-amp, it allows me to have balanced inputs and outputs with a switch to use single ended inputs from the Nano and balanced for the Ref 5. Another versatile piece of kit 8^). I've got a couple of Regen's and was using a double Regen

Finest kind,

Chris

Not sure you're helping here, Chris.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Why? What is wrong with using USB3?

The lack of simplicity in circuitry.

The lack of simplicity in circuitry.

Not a real issue, maybe just feelings.

I think everyone is confusing is OP. LOOK... just buy a Regen, you do not need anything else, do not look at any pictures. Just unplug the USB cable from the Nano plug the cable into the Regen and then plug the Regen with the SUPPLIED adapter into the DAC. Keep your preamp! End of story!

Volume controls are attenuators, meaning they only ever turn *down* the volume from maximum. You don't need a pre-amp to get loud except for a turntable with a moving coil cartridge.

???

His preamp is not passive. Puts out more that the Nano's 1.66V... Granted you are removing an active device from the chain without the preamp, but there are other factors... Impedance, matching Etc...

Wrong.

Really lol... So the Jplay USB card, the PPA Studio USB card are bad... and Thorsten Loesch doesn't know what he is doing... smh...

Anyone among Thorsten Loesch and John Swenson sure always know better than you do at any time of day.

I just can't be bothered to explain it to you.

And BTW, LOL at yourself.

Anyone among Thorsten Loesch and John Swenson sure always know better than you do at any time of day.

I just can't be bothered to explain it to you.

And BTW, LOL at yourself.

There is nothing in this world that you can explain to me.

Please try expressing your opinion as opinions, not as facts. If you in your limited experience find something better, worse etc... Say that... as an opinion, they are surely not facts. Maybe you do not understand how to properly expressed yourself in a public forum...

I think everyone is confusing is OP. LOOK... just buy a Regen, you do not need anything else, do not look at any pictures. Just unplug the USB cable from the Nano plug the cable into the Regen and then plug the Regen with the SUPPLIED adapter into the DAC. Keep your preamp! End of story!

Numerous members are still finding major gains when the Amber Regen is powered by a superior power source to the supplied SMPS plugpack. Likewise, they are STILL reporting differences between USB cables despite the use of the Regen resulting in very worthwhile improvements. I expect there will be even more improvements reported when the John Swenson designed "Mystery" PSU becomes available .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

This should help. "A" end goes to computer and solid adapter goes to the dac.

[ATTACH]20258[/ATTACH]

Look at my post above....

Thanks for the photo but I can't see enough what it's going into? Is the black box the REGEN?

Clear as day.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Thanks for the photo but I can't see enough what it's going into? Is the black box the REGEN?

Black box is the Regen. The "A" end of the USB cable visible in the photo would plug into a USB output from your computer. The "B" end of the cable is what's plugged into the input of the Regen. The photo shows the output of the Regen with the "A" end of the supplied solid adapter plugged into it. The "B" end of the adapter that is visible in the photo would plug into the USB input of your DAC.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.