IGNORED

Optical drive

Reading all this information it's clear that there are lot of technical issues influencing data extraction from audio cd's. The main question I'm not getting an actual answer on is what the main cause for different sounding rips could be, rephrase, what the cause(s) could be if there were to exist different sounding rips from the same source material.

-Unreadable blocks and/or read errors causing different error corrections?

-Am I correct in assuming "jitter" only has an audible effect on realtime playback? I understabd burned cd's of varying burn quality cause varying amounts of jitter on read, can this have any effect on the bits being written to harddrive?

Seen your PS units a few times in the forum, are you planning to sell these or share the schematics or something like that?

Cheers.

I dont have a problem with either, its hardly rocket science. Attached a picture of a beta version Im currently using with mostly off the shelf parts. I have ordered several custom made high current chokes with a much higher (500-5000 times) inductance then off the shelf hammonds to take this concept to the next level. Motherboard / ssd etc are all powered from the same supply but do have their own filter stages, there's just one "ground". I also have several custom isolation transformers to try to create "floating grounds" for different pheripherals. Dont know yet if thats gonna do any good, only so much hours in a week.

Sorry for the small Off topic Alfe.

Btw notice the leds still burning with the power unplugged, there's 300.000uF of supply storage on the main board :-)

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1441560224.982190.jpg

After error correction as in unrecoverable errors?

Still 10 a second, although obviously undesirable, could still be acceptable for audio. I assume this doesnt go for data storage? Data is stored differently then audio?

Edit: ofcourse it is but data can be recovered 100% right? Just audio cant?