IGNORED

Focal SM9 Active Monitor

Cool to see a message from somebody being very impressed by his active Focal speakers on the very same day I am being very impressed by my newly purchased Focal Aria 906 passive speakers being powered by my iFi Stereo 50 tube amp. Those French guys are doing something right!

I would love to hear the SM9's! They are way out of my price range though. I just thought it was nice to see somebody expressing his content with the Focal brand on the same day I spent hours listening to different speakers and choosing the Focals.

My setup is now complete. Holy fucking shit.

What else are you using... Spill the beans.

Pictures too!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

What else are you using... Spill the beans.

Pictures too!

No pictures :) But I'm using the Metrum Pavane DAC with Neotech XLR cable. That is all there is for the audio system now. It blows away those 40-50k system you hear at audio shows.

I got a lot of amp, and speakers for sale now though. Sigh. But I'm glad I got rid of the piece of shit that is the PS Audio Directstream DAC already, so glad it's gone.

Edit: I'll be trying out -40db inline attenuators next.