IGNORED

DSD-wide (8-bit) test files

Did you check the Annotation 4 section in the spec referred to by Audiventory earlier? That describes the field in more detail.

Of course I read that. I took it to mean that 8-bit data is to be stored the usual way, i.e. not bit-reversed, as did apparently audiventory. The text is rather vague, so I agree that your interpretation is possibly correct. Do you know of any software other than yours that shares this view?

I think better way fully support standard, even if it nave ambigous name of parameter.

Mansr,

as I understand you are developer of SoX?

May be faster made generator of DSF what you need?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

I think better way fully support standard, even if it nave ambigous name of parameter.

Mansr,

as I understand you are developer of SoX?

May be faster made generator of DSF what you need?

I've been tinkering with SoX to add some DSD support, yes. I'd like to fully support the DSF standard, if only I could get a straight answer as to what the standard actually says. So far I'm only aware of Miska's software doing anything at all with such files.

Oh well, if nobody else supports them, I may as well leave it for now.