IGNORED

USB hub and SQ

If your DAC uses asynchronous transfer, a hub should have no effect provided other devices on the same hub don't eat into the upstream bandwidth too much. Sharing a hub with a hard drive or network adapter might not be the best idea.

If your DAC uses asynchronous transfer, a hub should have no effect provided other devices on the same hub don't eat into the upstream bandwidth too much. Sharing a hub with a hard drive or network adapter might not be the best idea.

Thanks for the reply

Some USB hubs can actually improve SQ. Admittedly these are not your typical USB hub, but hubs none the less.

Schiit Wyrd

Uptone REGEN

Eric

Ubuntu Linux box (i7-12700K, 12 cores, 32GB RAM, Intel X520-DA1 NIC, HQP Desktop) > fiber > MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+ > fiber > fitlet2 (HQP Embedded OS - NAA) > T+A DAC8 DSD > Rogue Audio DragoN > Klipsch La Scala — digital volume control with HQP, DSP with HQP convolution 

i dont think it's good to do that sound wise , but i'm asking

Audacity and others who should know caution against this. From Audacity ("how to connect your equipment"): "Always connect to a spare USB port. Connecting to a USB hub attached to a USB port is almost certain to cause audio dropouts."

Further, the audio from your DVD would be running at the same time through the same bus in one direction to get to the processor and in the other direction to get to the DAC, which can cause sound glitches. Many recommend using different interfaces for multiple simultaneous signals, e.g. USB for one and optical or coax for the other.

The "standard" multiple output USB hubs I've seen are fairly flimsy, with poor shielding and cheap, production-quality hardware (including power supplies). Although there are probably some out there, I haven't seen any that are even close to the same league as the Wyred and Regen devices.

Audacity and others who should know caution against this. From Audacity ("how to connect your equipment"): "Always connect to a spare USB port. Connecting to a USB hub attached to a USB port is almost certain to cause audio dropouts."

Further, the audio from your DVD would be running at the same time through the same bus in one direction to get to the processor and in the other direction to get to the DAC, which can cause sound glitches. Many recommend using different interfaces for multiple simultaneous signals, e.g. USB for one and optical or coax for the other.

The "standard" multiple output USB hubs I've seen are fairly flimsy, with poor shielding and cheap, production-quality hardware (including power supplies). Although there are probably some out there, I haven't seen any that are even close to the same league as the Wyred and Regen devices.

thanks Bluesman that's what i thought, would you know why DAC's dont have USB 3.0 inputs ?

thanks Bluesman that's what i thought, would you know why DAC's dont have USB 3.0 inputs ?

There are no benefits over USB2, and there seem to be problems with many drivers that prevent many DACs from functioning properly if driven from a USB3 port. I'm sure this will be fixed if and when USB3 predominates, but it will be an accommodation rather than an upgrade.